Author Topic: New-to-me toy STARTS  (Read 1089 times)

Offline batboy

• Road Bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12983
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: New-to-me toy won't start...
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2019, 01:12:23 pm »
Yeah, if you own a Concours, you need to quickly get over any phobias about removing the middle and lower fairings. At first, pulling the plastic off seemed like a major deal. But after doing it a couple of times, the process becomes just a minor inconvenience. Hint: keep the fasteners organized, there are like three different sizes.
1988 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000 - Ninja Edition
Bike has the usual accessories and modifications

Online MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2019, 06:19:40 pm »
Okay, this rascal is really beginning to annoy me – except for a 2-cycle outboard that had sat outside for too many winters, never had an engine play this hard to get… I’m a tad preoccupied with another project so haven’t’ given it my full attention, but I put fresh non-ethanol gas in it yesterday and it still wasn’t cooperative

Bought a new battery -- the old one wasn't old, time-wise, but didn't appear very energetic... Gas passes the smell test, but who knows...

Haven't gotten to the spark yet (was working on my truck), then ran out of day-time, and had the charger on the new battery to top it off...

Thanks...

Did you actually remove the tank, remove all the fuel that was originally in there, clean the tank, and then put fresh fuel in... or did you just dump fuel in with whatever had been in there before...?

I don't rely on the "smell test".. especially when fuel is questioned...  mixing fresh gas with ????? just wastes $.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Stasch

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 6830
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2019, 10:59:35 am »
Did you actually remove the tank, remove all the fuel that was originally in there, clean the tank, and then put fresh fuel in... or did you just dump fuel in with whatever had been in there before...?

I don't rely on the "smell test".. especially when fuel is questioned...  mixing fresh gas with ????? just wastes $.

Yes, this ^^^:

fresh fuel

Ethanol Crap Cras Gas can go bad much quicker than you might think in the right humid summer conditions.

A complete drain of tank and carbs followed by fresh gas may be all you need.
Stan Visser - COG#: 6830  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline dcstrng

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12985
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2019, 04:15:24 pm »
Oh boy -- the mating-dance has begun...  Have no idea what I was doing wrong before, but she fired right up today with no complaints to speak of...  I've thought I wanted the C10 for a very long time (from before they quit making them...), and after a brief ride this morning I think my cravings were validated...  Other than a throttle-meister like friction lock, I believe mine is 100% stock, but she seems like one sweet ride... I'm going to have to install the Murphy knee-savers (geriatric knees and all), but even that wasn't as squashed as I thought  it might be... Will definitely have to take of 4-5" from the Rifle shield (its cracked anyway), but that's what they make saber saws for...

Thanks for all the advice -- as some intimated earlyer, I think the ailing battery was a factor and I was managing the enricher rather hamfistedly...
-- Larry
Worry -- Misuse of imagination...