Author Topic: No highway speed barely gets to 80  (Read 289 times)

Offline Rock

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
No highway speed barely gets to 80
« on: October 08, 2016, 12:32:50 pm »
 I have a gx 1000 concourse 2001 bike ride runs fine around town just can't get up to speed on the highway just won't go past 4000 RPM or 80 miles an hour I have an aftermarket carburetor on it that you tune with sponges they're different sizes and prevents Hydro lock so maybe I'm running to leader to Rich or maybe I need a valve adjustment I don't know the bike is new to me so I'm not sure how fast I should be going around town so maybe the whole thing is not running right

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 6977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: No highway speed barely gets to 80
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 01:14:02 pm »
I have a gx 1000 concourse 2001 bike ride runs fine around town just can't get up to speed on the highway just won't go past 4000 RPM or 80 miles an hour I have an aftermarket carburetor on it that you tune with sponges they're different sizes and prevents Hydro lock so maybe I'm running to leader to Rich or maybe I need a valve adjustment I don't know the bike is new to me so I'm not sure how fast I should be going around town so maybe the whole thing is not running right

That would be my carb work, and if it won't go over 4000 someone doesn't have the foam block it it, or the airbox snorkle has been removed. I did a video on you Tube named "zg1000 airbox tuning" that should help you get it dialed in. Steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline Rock

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: No highway speed barely gets to 80
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 01:17:20 pm »
 I have a 2000 zg concourse 1000 I have no top speed on the highway I can't get past 4000 RPM or 80 miles an hour really seems to run OK in the town in town but I don't think it's got the power I normally would want I have an aftermarket carburetor jet kit that I can tune with sponges to regulate air  not sure what's going on