Author Topic: Oh snap  (Read 286 times)

Offline The Doctor

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12886
  • Membership Level: Active
Oh snap
« on: January 31, 2019, 05:10:41 am »
Hey, so the leather cover for the dash had four of the 6 snaps crumble. Took it to Jo-Ann's along with the pieces to try to find replacements, but apparently they don't have whatever size I need. Does anyone know what size the snaps are or where I can order them online? I'm wondering if they're in metric units since it's a Japanese bike. All the stuff at the store was imperial (blegh!) So wondering if that's why none of them fit right.
It all started on a 250...

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Oh snap
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 10:17:26 pm »
if your talking about the "snaps" on the side panel box covers, find someplace that does boat tarps, and r/v canopy repairs... they have them...
Might as well remove both Plastic panels also, and bring the snap on "Leather" (naugahide) covers also... if they don't have the snaps for the cover, they can easily drill out the snaps on the plastic (the pop rivit), and pop new ones on, and do the same on the covers, or even better, they could make new, pliable covers and snap them on for you if they have both parts...
I made "new" covers from some Material from a fabric place, and made them oversized, and sewed velcro on them, and used sticky back tape velcro strips on the plastic... made them very secure, and waterproof... and a clean install...

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...