Author Topic: Overflow tube sealant  (Read 813 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Overflow tube sealant
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2018, 10:47:14 pm »
yup. carbs are easy. fi isn't hard either once you understand it.  :beerchug:

as I chose not to respond to the scathingly "whipping the red headed stepchild" response to me saying a correctly drilled hole, and press fit of a tube, based on it's true dimensions  didn't require additional sealants... I find the post above a bit humorous,  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/oxymoron

I don't have 30 bikes in my garage, sorry, but still I have a couple with carbs, and one with F/I, and have no issue...

:rotflmao:

with all those bikes, did you ever consider a paying membership to COG ? you could really help people with your vast experience on many bikes, sharing it is a great thing...

I would seriously take your contributions as a benefit, and I'm sure other would also.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline m in sc

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2018, 11:34:45 am »
oh, i wasnt implying you or anyone in particular didn't understand it, however fuel systems are a mystery to a lot of people in general (just the way it is). the sheer look of terror ive seen in people eyes when i say 'we need to pull the carbs down' is, to me, humorous as they arent that bad to do. the last paid side jobs i have had on bikes was.. ta da! carb tuning and setup. (rs50, rs125, rs250 aprilia, gsx1100g, rd400, 82gs1100)
 i was meaning.. i enjoy it. fi tuning is a lot of fun as well, especially on hot rodded bikes and cars. repair on stock systems can suck though, i have to agree. TBH, i still prefer a nice carb setup any day though.

Offline DC Concours

• Crotch Rocket
  • 2001 Concours, ~19K miles
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2018, 02:06:28 pm »
M in SC and MOB... You guys genuinely don't like each other or is this friendly banter?

Offline kv5e

• Roll miles, Keep smiles
  • Crotch Rocket
  • TARKUS - Texas Bad Boy
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 5063
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2018, 04:19:40 pm »
ALL - lets be civil here.....

DC Concours,  I have already edited another snarky post of yours trying to bypass the naughty word filter. Consider this a warning to tone it down.

South Central Area Director

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2018, 09:10:24 pm »
M in SC and MOB... You guys genuinely don't like each other or is this friendly banter?

:great: :rotflmao:
I personally don't know the fellow, and in no way was I trying to give that impression of disliking someone, it's all good; we all learn here, so I have no issue.

but I did find the statement humorous, as it was soo true...and I fully agree with him.

yup. carbs are easy. fi isn't hard either once you understand it.  :beerchug:

of course, forum only members don't have access to the library, so they can't read Concourier past issues like Vol 18, Fall 2006

ride safe,
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:43:11 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline m in sc

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2018, 06:27:13 pm »
i really don't care. somehow i've made it through life this far without his input and all my bikes run perfect... so i've decided to keep it that way and throw on the ignore function.   :great: :beerchug: I just dont need the background noise in my daily life.