Author Topic: Re: What did You Do to your C-10 Today?  (Read 25318 times)

Offline crag antler

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 8277
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: What did You Do to your C-10 Today?
« Reply #350 on: November 08, 2019, 01:10:35 am »
Finished up rebuilding my rear caliper. Knew it was sticking but :-\
Took it to work and spent 2 evenings, about a hour each on it.
1st night got it cleaned up and started to disassemble but could not get the piston all the way out.
Tonight I pushed the piston back in and hit it again with some compressed air. Had a rag in between and it
popped like a champagne cork. Cleaned all up and install new rebuild kit from Murphs ;)
Went together like a breeze. I’ll reinstall on Saturday and do the bleed then.
Have me thinking of doing stainless limes soon. :great:
Doug aka crag antler
00 Kawasaki Concours 60,000+ miles. Bafflectomy,Bar risers, Murphs kneesavers, blockoff plates, allen head screw set,headlight upgrade. LED headlight, driving lights, free power mod, JC Whitney trunk, Go Pro mount,’06 header w/Jet-Hot ceramic coating, over flow tubes, 2 minute mod, carb spa and Performance Exhaust Sprocket by SISF

Offline connieklr

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 1608
« Reply #351 on: November 08, 2019, 04:02:37 pm »
Took a nice brisk ~41 mile ride out to pick up seat #1 that I had recovered. Temps were in the high 30's when I left, and they're now around 42 with a nice breeze. Yup, it was an electric kinda ride.

Totally happy with the seat, both in appearance, quality of work, price ($80), and comfort..... the latter since I swapped it out with the seat that was on the bike for the trip out, and used the newly covered seat for the 41 mile trip back home.

Some pix:

COG #1608
COG Life Member
Semi-Civilian
GB Young Services, LLC

Offline Rideezdale

• rideEZdale
  • Mini Bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12728
« Reply #352 on: November 10, 2019, 01:35:30 am »
Did filter and oil change and added fuel stabilizer.  It's all ready for a long winter nap and will be ready for a new owner next spring.  ;D :D
1973 Yamaha YZ80, 1977 Suzuki GS400, 1978 Suzuki GS1000E, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 1984 Yamaha Venture,  1987 Yamaha Venture, 1989 Yamaha FJ1200, 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Nomad, 2000 Kawasaki concours,  2008 Kawasaki concours

Offline crag antler

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 8277
« Reply #353 on: November 24, 2019, 09:25:30 pm »
Received my braided lines and speed bleeders from Murphs.
Rear, 2 line front and clutch. Did the rear as that was holding me back
from test driving her after all the work I’ve done over the summer.
Easy to do and the bike ran awesome.
Filled up tank with 90 non-ethanol and 2 oz. of TWC3 👍
Also put on my Shodabeen decal for extra boost and props🤛
Doug aka crag antler
00 Kawasaki Concours 60,000+ miles. Bafflectomy,Bar risers, Murphs kneesavers, blockoff plates, allen head screw set,headlight upgrade. LED headlight, driving lights, free power mod, JC Whitney trunk, Go Pro mount,’06 header w/Jet-Hot ceramic coating, over flow tubes, 2 minute mod, carb spa and Performance Exhaust Sprocket by SISF

Offline Lee

• Road Bike
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12558
« Reply #354 on: December 03, 2019, 06:31:20 am »
Winter catch up on a little maintenance. Replaced grips, installed a NEP throttle lock with thumb control down. Stripped and repainted bar weights as they were getting tatty. Replaced fuse in auxiliary power tap off battery. Blown because a little screw got in there some how to short it. Topped off battery charge from outside source. Cold day clear day 24 MPH winds.

Offline Lee

• Road Bike
« Reply #355 on: December 06, 2019, 03:59:38 pm »
Took a 3 hour jaunt mid day yesterday. Took a gander through hill and dale in north Louisiana on two lane black tops. Nice brisk ride, very little traffic on nice country roads save for two cages on the wrong side of the road in blind curves. If I had been in a cage myself there would have been damage. Blessed as it was. Seems this is regular fare when out riding now. Someone is always doing something. Mostly cell phones do believe. Just have to be careful as can. Beaut of a day and magnificent ride otherwise.

About 5k+ out since last valve adjustment at a dealership. Noted motor seems not as smooth as usual. Instead of purr now sounds a little throaty. Got best gas mileage as yet at 45 mpg though. That with a lot of mixed winds too. Very gusty.

Would have thought the big C10 would have been less affected. Ha! Wish I could do it again today!

Offline Bob_C_CT

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 9544
« Reply #356 on: December 07, 2019, 01:36:53 pm »
Lee, 5k miles is not long enough since valve adjustment to be concerned. How many miles do you have on the bike? I have 60k and 10k+ since last valve adjust, if I recall they were a little tight and as the miles rack up I don't think they move as much as a low mile bike would. If you have a place to host a tech session or attend one local to you it isn't that hard to adjust them. The most time is spent removing plastics and removing and installing valve cover.
Southern Connecticut.
97 C10,ZRX Front, Meanstreak rim

Offline Lee

• Road Bike
« Reply #357 on: December 07, 2019, 01:47:48 pm »
Thanks for heads up on valves. I have not done the valves myself yet but will next time. Could have been gas. This particular C10 with 23k on it has always been exceptional smooth sounding and feeling in bars is minimal. Much like proverbial sewing machine. Could be it is just getting broke in! Ha!