Author Topic: Re: What did You Do to your C-10 Today?  (Read 40607 times)

Offline Boomer

• Crotch Rocket
  • Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: What did You Do to your C-10 Today?
« Reply #475 on: June 30, 2020, 10:14:29 am »
This weekend I fitted a voltmeter to the right side inner fairing and finished fitting 4" headlights to the crash bars.
Yes, I have even MORE lights on "Otto" and will have to take some pics if he passes the upcoming MOT inspection without them telling me to remove them.
The new lights are 4" Dominators that I split so I could mount one inside each of the crash bars.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorbike-Headlight-Headlamp-Halogen-Dominator/dp/B00S3ZPP7M/ref=sr_1_1?
They are fitted with LED H4 bulbs and I have a switch that enables their use with dipped beam, or not.
They always come on with high beam.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK
CDA-007

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • GOLD STAR
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #476 on: July 02, 2020, 06:53:53 pm »
Didn't do anything.
Still waiting for the %&%$ parts to arrive...  >:(

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Offline croach1776

• Scooter
  • "You cant lose what you never had," - Fatty Roach
  • COG#: 9094
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #477 on: July 02, 2020, 07:45:31 pm »
Bought set of wire connectors (bayonet)? that will be used to reconnect corroded pair that I believe is preventing Connie from starting. The clock would be on but when I tried to just go to on it would go out so traced it to this corroded red/white wire that came apart when I examined it. Will have plenty of time to fix it this weekend.
C K Roach Jr  IBA#42837  SS-K  COG#9094  CDA# 0319  AMA# 2704431 _ "you cant lose what you never had"  2005 Concour "Gold Rush"  - Suzuki C50 Boulevard - 1983 Suzuki GS750ES - Sold  1982 Suzuki GS650G - Sold

Offline croach1776

• Scooter
« Reply #478 on: July 03, 2020, 07:18:18 pm »
Fixed electrical issue at JBox cut out corroded bayonet connectors and flowed a little solder on twisted bare wires. Inserted an crimped both male and female connectors and applied some heat shrink to whole connection. Voila now I have power to lights and gauges. Installed Wix 3006 fuel filter. Clamped all fuel lines and breather tubes and fuel sensor. Used tie wraps to secure and protect cables and tubes.  Installed Murphs quick release tank bolts. Installed Tank Bra.  Cleaned up area around JBox and made sure all outside connectors were installed on mounting brackets. Fired her up after 2 months of working on her.  Finally applied registration sticker for 2021. Last one was 2012.  Will top off tank this evening and then have shakedown ride this weekend to make sure no fuel leaks or other issues. Then re-install all plastics. Life is good
C K Roach Jr  IBA#42837  SS-K  COG#9094  CDA# 0319  AMA# 2704431 _ "you cant lose what you never had"  2005 Concour "Gold Rush"  - Suzuki C50 Boulevard - 1983 Suzuki GS750ES - Sold  1982 Suzuki GS650G - Sold

Offline Vince

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #479 on: July 04, 2020, 07:11:09 pm »
I didn't put a new Radiator Fan Thermal Switch in... because the $50 part that showed up was actually an $8 knockoff. Thought I was saving shipping time going with a closer ebay seller... but at least paypal paid me back. New one's on it's way from a Kawasaki shop...  ::)

But, along the way, I did boil-test my thermostat... not fun getting it out without dropping the carb rack but it can be done.

Offline badger

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #480 on: July 04, 2020, 10:00:42 pm »
Well, Amazing finally delivered the trip 7 tire and I got it mounted late in the day yesterday. Put it on this morning and spun her around the block. Gosh how I’ve missed our alone time together. I did bob the rear fender. Cut about 6” off so it stops almost flush with the side reflectors and the bottom of her bags. Think it looks better this way, and it’s a lot easier to roll a rear tire in, when on the center stand. Will post a pic when I reinstall the bags.
01 Connie- battered, bruised, but loved all the more for it!

Offline Jai

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #481 on: July 05, 2020, 10:35:33 pm »
Did spark plugs, valve adjustment and replaced the fuel filter on my new-to-me 2002.
Spark plugs had a little oil on them, so I replaced all gaskets using the Murph Kit. It arrived 4 ahead of schedule - God bless Murph.
Did the hydrolock test, came back negative.
Nearly all the valves required adjustment (15k miles on the bike). Some were tight, some were loose. All are good now.
Bike previously had a sintered bronze-style inline fuel filter. Replaced it with the Napa 3006, which is significantly larger. Located it in on top of carb #2, and ensured that the fuel path is downhill and as smooth as possible.
Following 20 mile test ride: bike builds revs more eagerly and smoothly than before. Sounds much nicer doing it, too. Upto 70 mph (~4200 rpm in 6th), it is quite smooth. Anything above, and the bars start buzzing quite a lot. I realize that I need to do a carb sync before really drawing any conclusions - this test ride was mostly to make sure my fuel-filter routing wasn't causing any starving issues, and that none of my new gaskets were leaking.
Excited to continue bringing this bike to its potential.

Offline MichiGlenn

• Road Bike
  • "Wherever you are, be all there" Jim Elliot
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 10892
« Reply #482 on: July 06, 2020, 11:12:11 pm »
I finally dialed in the T-Cro shift linkage that I bought 2 years ago off the forum for my 2001 C10. 
I also re-installed the saddlebag antler that a friend welded for me.
2001 C-10
1977 Honda CB750K Sold
1978 Honda CB750K Long Gone
1972 Honda CL175 Ancient History
Heald Super Tryke 8hp, Wards T555 Trike

Offline Chuck

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 7926
« Reply #483 on: July 17, 2020, 03:31:02 am »
Well sports fans, its been awhile since I posted. I picked up a set of pipes. The seller said they would fit perfectly. HA! After cutting and welding the #4 pipe. Bending the bottom of the radiator, oil cooler, and coolant reservoir bracket. And bending the oil cooler lines. It is back together. YEAY! Oh yeah, I wrapped them with heat tape. Painted them high temp black. And took my Dremel tool to the exhaust ports. It is now very smooth in there. OEM pipes are 1 1/8 ID. These are 1 3/16 ID. New exhaust gaskets. And it all routes out thru a 4 into 1 collector to a small muffler. You can hear it at idle. And it gets a lot louder as the RPM's climb. I've put over 1,200 miles running back and forth to work. MPG is up. High 40's. And the fun factor? It is definitely enhanced!

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • GOLD STAR
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #484 on: July 18, 2020, 03:16:11 pm »
Chuck.. 
  Inquiring minds wanna know; What pipes did you buy/modify?

Ride safe, Ted
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 03:21:31 pm by connie_rider »
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Offline mnbikeguy

• Moped
« Reply #485 on: July 18, 2020, 10:31:51 pm »
Had the good fortune of picking up a set of Cobra F1 mufflers off the 'Bay. Finally got them installed and couldn't be more please.
Take a listen.
https://youtu.be/ETScdjBcfQw

Offline Rustysconnie

• Big Wheels
« Reply #486 on: July 25, 2020, 05:42:38 am »
Finally replaced the missing glove box latch nut.  It turns out that an Allen Bradley 22.5mm switch nut is a perfect fit.  I used the metal nuts that have teeth on them so I dont think they will be working loose.  Yay!  :great:

Offline croach1776

• Scooter
« Reply #487 on: July 25, 2020, 10:32:37 pm »
Installed new fuel line and fuel filter. Finally no leaks

Offline crag antler

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 8277
« Reply #488 on: July 25, 2020, 11:19:39 pm »
Rain forecast finally didn’t come true in Western NC. Wife asked me to go get some bread. 20 mile round trip to store turned into a 50 mile trip. :) ;)

Doug aka crag antler
00’ C-10 w/ 60k +