Author Topic: Hello missing my bike  (Read 175 times)

Offline Paul

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Hello missing my bike
« on: December 06, 2019, 08:18:01 pm »
It's out back in the shed but I'm missing it after only one beer like a long lost cousin.

I can't stand to see her because I know she needs a battery tender on her but I havn't figured out how to get the tool rack out. :(

I have a long ways to go.

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 10807
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Hello missing my bike
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 08:26:09 pm »
2 Phillip's screws in between the tank and the tray. Down a few inches.
If you don't have time to do it right, when do you have time to do it over.                                                                17" wheels, Nissin 4 piston calipers.1kg Sonic Springs.Cartridge Fork Emulators. KB Brace. Galfer brake lines  Free power mod.

Offline Bob_C_CT

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 9544
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 01:29:00 pm »
If you have a place in the basement to store the battery out of sub freezing temps and put on a tender or a charge once a month it would be better. I do that with my lawn tractor battery over the winter as the tractor sits in the shed.
I feel for you if you don't have a solid surface from the shed to the street as a few of my friends who store in a shed or walk out basement can't get the bike out to the street in case of one of those rare mid winter 50F+ days occur.
BTW, if your not familiar, the seat comes off and the tool tray is there, near the fuel tank and follow Pbfoots directions for removal.
Southern Connecticut.
97 C10,ZRX Front, Meanstreak rim

Offline connieklr

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 1608
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 09:21:10 pm »
2 Phillip's screws in between the tank and the tray. Down a few inches.

Sometimes things are a little tight and the tray won't clear in the front so it can pivot up out of the way. If that's the case, remove the two screws in the rear lip of the try that are part of the tray's hinge pieces. With those free, the tray will lift out clear of any obstacles.

If you do pull the battery, place it on a piece of lumber so that it's not sitting directly on the floor of whatever during the time it's out of the bike and charging.

Good luck with it.
COG #1608
COG Life Member
Semi-Civilian
GB Young Services, LLC

Offline Paul

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 10:38:02 pm »
Thank you very much gentleman. If it's better to take the battery out I will not I read someone starts his every two week for thirty seconds. Mine is in my shed I have to drive it through my yard and down the sidewalk to get it in the street no possible way in riding until March at the soonest but the yard will probably be too soggy until April because I have to make a sharp turn in the grass but actually maybe March will work because it should still be quite frozen

Thanks for your help hope to ride with you