Author Topic: Removing Rear Wheel  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Bud

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Removing Rear Wheel
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 10:34:59 am »
...and drained the final drive oil. 

Do yourself a favor and search the forum for threads on re-filling the final drive.   Might save yourself some aggravation.  :great:

Isn't it just funneling oil into the big hole until it's almost coming out?  I think that's what the manual says.  Correct me if I'm wrong...I'm used to it; I'm married.
What he was trying to warn you about was to not spin the rear wheel as some do to get more oil in the final drive.  There have been those that have done that and overfilled the drive unit.

Offline JL

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 775
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Removing Rear Wheel
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 10:45:00 am »
No need to remove anything except the rear brake caliper which I hang from the bag mounts with a bungee cord. I use several pieces of of 2x6's.
Run the bike up on two separate pieces of wood, short pieces under each wheel another cross ways under the center stand. Put the bike on its center stand. Pull the piece under the rear wheel and you have plenty of room to pull the wheel out. This way when you align the bolts from the pumpkin to the drive shaft using a thin piece of wood can be used to move the pumpkin around to line up. That spring that comes off the drive shaft has a taper to it, pay attention. Because of the weight getting the bike up on the center stand I enlist some help. Once you've done this its much easier to get the 2x6's spaced out correctly.