Author Topic: rear shock damper control.  (Read 501 times)

Offline renegade10

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
rear shock damper control.
« on: August 24, 2014, 09:52:26 pm »
Ok the 92 concours I bought off craigslist is being difficult.  It had an oil leak at the middle gearbox gasket. To remove the middle gearbox is a royal pain. Anyway while removing the rear shock I broke the rod off at the shock. Any body know how to repair it? Thanks.

Offline Redbarron

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 10045
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: rear shock damper control.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 12:13:33 am »
Hello renegade 10:

I would jump on e-bay, even if you can repair it do you really want to take that risk?
Never Allow the Radicall Views of the Few to Infringe on the Constitutional Rights of the Many

Offline WillyP

• I Need a Life
  • Live Free Or Die
    • Suncook Carpentry
  • COG#: 8799
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: rear shock damper control.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 12:29:15 am »
If I recall, the damper adjuster threads into a plastic piece in the shock. Though I could be wrong. I'm guessing the rod pulled out of that. The threads in the plastic piece might be stripped, but as a low buck solution you might be able to put a little scrap of tinfoil or some 5-minite epoxy on the rod and carefully screw it back in. Then carefully set it to the setting you want and leave it there. It won't be strong, but if you don't mess with it too much it should be ok.

Unless the rod itself really is broken, then you could probably convince someone here to send you one off a replaced shock.

Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.
pics