Author Topic: shock link bearings wrong?  (Read 372 times)

Offline Happypilot

• Bicycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
shock link bearings wrong?
« on: July 21, 2014, 09:59:38 pm »
I was working on the bike this weekend and found the rear tire would move up and down with no resistance so after looking it over the center linkage was moving on the rocker arm that goes from the shock to the frame.  I  took it off and the bearings were dry, grease hard packed. never greased by previous owner.
but when I ordered new bolt and bearings today it looks the the center hole should have two bearings and the front hole one, mine has two bearings in the front hole and one in the center. can anyone verify which is right.

Offline J.R.

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Re: shock link bearings wrong?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 10:55:00 pm »
Per the fiche, the front rocker bore houses one needle bearing, the center bore houses two, and the aft most bore the same single bearing as the front bore.
If you do a search on the rocker bearings, you'll find that several have decided that custom bushings work better for them. I'm a needle bearing believer, but everyone's mileage may vary...

Offline Happypilot

• Bicycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: shock link bearings wrong?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 11:52:39 pm »
thanks, that's what it looked like to me to. Guessing that is why the center one failed on this one so fast, only 16000 miles on the bike. must of come out of the factory with it wrong. of course if the previous owner had greased it would have helped but still looks wrong.