Author Topic: Sitting for about almost a year come December, looking for tips  (Read 159 times)

Offline X

• Moped
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Sitting for about almost a year come December, looking for tips
« on: September 28, 2017, 12:19:03 pm »
Since I have stored my scoot last December I have not ridden her. I did all the main stuff, added stabil with an ounce or two of the marine oil to the fuel to coat the jets. The carbs were just redone about 2 1/2 years ago by Steve with the overflow tubes so I am not worried about hydro lock. I greased all moving parts lightly, never pulled the battery. I do not plan on riding but more of a plan on selling her. Until then is there any long-term things I should be looking at for storage? It is covered but also she is on her rubber. With my ACL injuries in both knees, I have not been able to get her onto the center stand. The rubber is shot anyways and dry rotted so flat spots aren't an issue there. I've never stored her for this long and don't want to cause any issues down the road if she sits for more than a year. I do have a thread in the emporium to sell her with the lowdown of everything I've done. I just don't want to let her sit extremely long and regret it..
86 ZG1000 A-1
Her name is Connie - What else would it be?
Milwaukee Pride lets ride..