Author Topic: Smell gas? what to do?  (Read 218 times)

Offline alex9078

• Tricycle
  • Livin the Dream
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 11853
  • Membership Level: Active
Smell gas? what to do?
« on: April 22, 2018, 01:52:43 am »
When I first check out my bike and I do smell gas, should I call for a tow truck and take it to a dealer in Danbury Kawasaki? I don't have the room or garage to attempt anything with my bike. I did replace my front and rear tire, but I am using my neighbors garage so I don't want to push it. I am looking for other Connie riders in Sandy Hook or Newtown to ride with before June when my monsters come to the LakeHouse from NYC. We will be there sometime around the end of April. Looking forward to getting in some riding to Kent for a cup of coffee and conversations. I will be the Marine with the Marine Corps vest, and the blue Connie. Hoping I can meet some Connie riders there.

Offline Bob_C_CT

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 9544
Re: Smell gas? what to do?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 12:56:29 pm »
I’m in southern Ct. not sure if your asking or telling about smelling gas as you say your not there until end of the month. How long has it been sitting? I usually dump the gas out of the tank in the beginning of season and start off with fresh fuel.
97 C10,ZRX Front, Meanstreak rim

Offline Locomotiveman

• Road Bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12297
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 03:29:17 pm »
Reach around with yer fingers near the Petcock. If damp AT ALL you have a problem to fix. QUESTION: How full is the tank? Is there any chance it was chock full and warmer weather expanded it to overfull?
If the TRUTH is crystal clear..I must need glasses.

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 07:48:37 pm »
Over Flow Tubes- You need these ASAP. Maybe you have them- most likely you dont.
 If you dont you better get them installed. Please  There are videos you can watch or get help to remove the carbs and send them to Sunny Steve to have them installed, better yet get them serviced while they are off. Dont out this off please. It is very very important.

There is a little nipple on the bottom of each carb. put a small tygone tubing/ hose on that nipple and blow- if it is blocked then you dont have over flow tubes installed
Normally aspirated engines have perpetual turbo lag
2000 Red C10 1052 kit
2008  C14 Silver Dammit Full AreaP- Flies are put back in SISF_Flash
2011  KLR650   688 piston ported and polished
2011  KTM 530    This thing is FUN!!