Author Topic: Sold her...  (Read 625 times)

Offline KLRPhil

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Sold her...
« on: December 14, 2017, 12:36:58 pm »
My 2006 Connie and I parted ways.  After three years and 23,000 delightful and trouble-free miles I sold her to a friend for $2000 (she had 34,000 in all).  Why?  I'm out of the country for the next 8 months, and she would have just sat, with my KLR.  (The poor KLR hasn't had much use since Connie came along.) I am typically gone all summer and six+ weeks in winter.  It's hard to give attention to two bikes when I am only in the states for fall and spring.  The KLR is newer, has fewer miles and is far easier to maintain, so Connie is now in the hands of someone who loves doing motorcycle maintenance ("That's half the fun" he said) and will use her like she's meant to be used.  The KLR is versatile and can do long hauls...just not anything like the Concours - which I will miss.

Many thanks to the COG forum for all the help and entertainment.  I told my friend that this is where he should come for 'All Things Connie'. 

Safe riding to all and best of luck in the new year!  Phil
My Connie followed me home after the test ride...

Offline Rain Dancer

• Street Cruiser
  • Just Ridin' in the rain......
  • COG#: 10523
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Sold her...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:08:16 pm »
Always hard to part with a good bike, nice that you found her a good home. You can still hang around ya' know....lot of folks here have KLR's it seems.
Good luck to you!
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."  Dennis Miller

1997Connie (rip?), 2004 FJR, 1983 xs650, 1980 xs11

Offline VTconnie

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 11081
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 02:46:13 am »
I think it is important that she gets a caring owner, it was a smart decision if you know the bike will only sit. I would love a KLR, I assume they are affordable but I too put most of my time into one bike. Also that one carb is easier to service if you ever need to, after a long sit. Are newer ones FI?
<--2003 Concours C-10 "Conifer", -AKA- The Cruise Missile
1980 CB900C DOHC "Old Iron" -AKA- The Hill Climber                

Offline KLRPhil

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 09:35:46 am »
Always hard to part with a good bike, nice that you found her a good home. You can still hang around ya' know....lot of folks here have KLR's it seems.
Good luck to you!
Grazie!

Offline KLRPhil

• Training Wheels
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 09:40:19 am »
I think it is important that she gets a caring owner, it was a smart decision if you know the bike will only sit. I would love a KLR, I assume they are affordable but I too put most of my time into one bike. Also that one carb is easier to service if you ever need to, after a long sit. Are newer ones FI?
No, new KLR's still have a carb.  They are about as inexpensive as bikes get and KLR owners are notoriously frugal.

Offline SteveJ.

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 5603
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 11:34:19 am »
No, new KLR's still have a carb.  They are about as inexpensive as bikes get and KLR owners are notoriously frugal cheap.
Ficksded for free.(in true KLR tradition)  :great:

And zip ties are a badge of honor along with milk crates and Rubber Maid Action Packers for top boxes.

:beerchug:
Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SiSF)
Steve J  Tavares, FL, one of the Floriduh Steves
'15 Versys650LT, '98 KLR650, (back home), '99 C-10, 234k miles sold
IBA 19221