Author Topic: Suitable exhausts for 1995 Connie.  (Read 757 times)

Offline Kazawhaki

• Tricycle
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Suitable exhausts for 1995 Connie.
« on: March 06, 2018, 08:02:16 pm »
Hello all,

I have a pair of motad neta exhausts on my bike (they came with when I bought her). Anyway, noticed a sizable hole in the right end can when doing a bit of work on it recently and it got me thinking about maybe replacing the end cans. So would folks on here mind offering a few suggestions and maybe posting some pics of what you've got on yours? I was looking at some delkevic ones or has anyone any experience with black widow exhausts Budget is not huge at the moment after springing for new tires filter etc. All suggestions and advice greatly appreciated as always.

Online Mettler1

• Iron Butt
  • You want answers? We got answers!!
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 1431
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Suitable exhausts for 1995 Connie.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 08:16:53 pm »
  I got the Delkavic for my "94 a couple of yrs ago. very easy to install. Only about half the weight of stock. I LIKE"EM :)

http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=9432_10811_10900&product_id=2828

Here is a thread about Delkavic a while back that might help a little.

http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-c10-zg1000-general-chat-and-tech/carb-performance-kit/msg585806/#msg585806
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:29:27 pm by Mettler1 »
'94 Concours 115,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,SiSF'sTorque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators, SiSF carb Spa, Delkevic exhaust, Murphs' knee savers +grips, etc

Offline m in sc

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 08:38:11 pm »
slight threadjack: how bad are the holes? if you are going to swap them out, pm me, i might buy them off you if you are willing and repair them.

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 09:52:33 pm »
I had Cobra F1s Slip-On's on 3 of my C-10's.
Still have a set I removed, Their in the attic.
Hadn't thought about it, but might be willing to sell.
Anyone interested?

Ride safe, Ted
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:01:51 pm by connie_rider »
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again, DO IT NOW!!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 10:17:00 pm »
Hello all,

I have a pair of motad neta exhausts on my bike (they came with when I bought her). Anyway, noticed a sizable hole in the right end can when doing a bit of work on it recently and it got me thinking about maybe replacing the end cans. So would folks on here mind offering a few suggestions and maybe posting some pics of what you've got on yours? I was looking at some delkevic ones or has anyone any experience with black widow exhausts Budget is not huge at the moment after springing for new tires filter etc. All suggestions and advice greatly appreciated as always.

Interesting...
Those are Euro cans, and were a good design, and quality build back in time.. I would hold onto them, and take the cans to a good welder, to repair them and keep them working as such.  Many of them were stainless steel, and I'm surprised you have a rust out, what model cans? Can you post a picture?  I hatento tell you to dump them, as they went out of business last year, but some enterpreneur bought the factory/bussiness, so they may be back up shortly...
Just for s&g, I actually had a set of them, given to me once, back in the early '80 s for my KZ, and I tried them out to keep my bike a "sleeper" concept, as it was a drag oriented machine.. they worked well, were semi quiet, and gave the look I wanted, but I ended up going full drag race on the bike... which is now, again, back in sleeper mode.. a bit loud, but still a danger to kids onncrotchrockets.

Shownus what ya got, and look into repairing them, its way less $$ than a new system, and its a Conni man.. be frugal.. :rotflmao: :great:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Bruce_Reafsnider_TN

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 01:17:39 pm »
These sounded amazing on the '99 Concours.  I now have  one on my '08.

http://www.holeshot.com/kawasaki/zg/1000/products/holeshot-slipon

Offline connieklr

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 1608
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 12:00:11 pm »
Hello all,

Interesting...
Those are Euro cans, and were a good design, and quality build back in time.. I would hold onto them, and take the cans to a good welder, to repair them and keep them working as such.  Many of them were stainless steel, and I'm surprised you have a rust out, what model cans? Can you post a picture?  I hatento tell you to dump them, as they went out of business last year, but some enterpreneur bought the factory/bussiness, so they may be back up shortly...
Just for s&g, I actually had a set of them, given to me once, back in the early '80 s for my KZ, and I tried them out to keep my bike a "sleeper" concept, as it was a drag oriented machine.. they worked well, were semi quiet, and gave the look I wanted, but I ended up going full drag race on the bike... which is now, again, back in sleeper mode.. a bit loud, but still a danger to kids onncrotchrockets.

Shownus what ya got, and look into repairing them, its way less $$ than a new system, and its a Conni man.. be frugal.. :rotflmao: :great:

Drag bike my arse. Sounded more like a dirt bike to me.
 :rotflmao:
COG #1608
COG Life Member
Semi-Civilian
GB Young Services, LLC

Offline Boomer

• Crotch Rocket
  • Me dwarfing Vivian
    • Boomers GTR Site
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 01:52:47 pm »
MOTAD N-Eta mufflers were mild steel, so rust is an issue. MOTAD headers are stainless.
Delkevic are good mufflers and should last well.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK
CDA-007

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 09:04:29 pm »
Hello all,

Interesting...

Drag bike my arse. Sounded more like a dirt bike to me.
 :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nananana:

Yes, ite a mere "muddy shadow" of its former life, today.....
And it is a great "dirtbike" also.... :rotflmao: :great: :beerchug: :beerchug:
Abtrue "adventure bike"... just add mud...

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Online Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 10807
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 02:44:52 pm »
I am about to pull the trigger on the 18" oval Delkevics. On sale for  $375  On eBay.
If you don't have time to do it right, when do you have time to do it over.                                                                17" wheels, Nissin 4 piston calipers.1kg Sonic Springs.Cartridge Fork Emulators. KB Brace. Galfer brake lines  Free power mod.

Offline Sport Rider

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 8603
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 03:18:43 pm »
I got a set of used holeshots.  one of the cans had a hole in it from rubbing on the wheel nut.  it had been repaired and works fine.  look into repairing them if possible.