Author Topic: Twinmax Question  (Read 326 times)

Offline Bud

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12907
  • Membership Level: Active
Twinmax Question
« on: January 06, 2019, 03:46:12 pm »
Getting ready to buy a twinmax carb sync tool.  Do I need to buy any adapters?  Will be using it on C10's, a C14, an 82 GS1100GK and the 83 GL650.
2005 Kawasaki Concours
1982 Suzuki GS1100GK
1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Offline connieklr

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 1608
Re: Twinmax Question
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 06:20:04 pm »
Getting ready to buy a twinmax carb sync tool.  Do I need to buy any adapters?  Will be using it on C10's, a C14, an 82 GS1100GK and the 83 GL650.

IIRC - mine came with everything needed to attach to the intake runner nipples. However, I did use the adapters to reduce the size of the connecting hoses so they were a tighter fit, but that may not be necessary with a newer unit since the hoses will not have been stretched out.

Might I recommend you remove the battery between uses. These things can sit idle for extended periods of time, and you don't want to take a chance that the battery pukes out its juices and ruins unit.
COG #1608
COG Life Member
Semi-Civilian
GB Young Services, LLC

Offline Bud

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 12907
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 06:22:30 pm »
Thanks Guy! :great:
2005 Kawasaki Concours
1982 Suzuki GS1100GK
1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 11:30:04 pm »
what Guy said above, and I'm pretty much the most adamant person about TwinMax you'll ever find.... love that tool.

Everything you need is in the package, for use with C10/C14 in mind...

And as noted, always remove the battery after using it... that way you don't end up robbing the home smoke detector everytime you need a battery...  :rotflmao:

when I did my valves on my C14, while I had everything removed, I installed 4 hoses from the throttle body, out to the left side, and capped them all, I also "marked them" numbered, and placed the ends in a spark plug "wire loom", so I could access them and use them later when and if desired.  Just a little hint, from someone that has done these a time or so.  :great: :great: :great:

I also keep a box of "cover plugs" for the un-used nipples, on the C10, as you need to make sure they are all sealed when hoses are removed.

you will love using that TwinMax, it makes synching so easy, and it's so accurate with the sensitivity and setup, you will be a convert... I actually carry mine on every rally ride, just in case... so I can hand it to someone, and let them use it.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...