Author Topic: Upper, middle and lower fairings  (Read 392 times)

Offline The ice man

• Moped
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12605
  • Membership Level: Active
Upper, middle and lower fairings
« on: March 29, 2019, 02:35:08 am »
 I would like to use only the upper fairing, windshield and pocket panels. I would need to cut the pocket panels though?  Not sure exactly where? Need to cut cowling trim too? I would like to have some kind of trim at bottom edge of upper fairing?  Not sure what else I would need to do? Like to have the hatch doors removed,  they are awkward to open and close.  Any suggestions?

Offline The ice man

• Moped
Re: Upper, middle and lower fairings
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 01:36:21 am »
I need to cut the left and right pocket panels?  I am not really sure where to cut them?

Offline Bob_C_CT

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 9544
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 10:17:35 am »
Not sure if Dan kept the pocket panels but this is one of cleanest looking cut down fairing I've seen.
http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-c10-zg1000-general-chat-and-tech/a-history-lesson/

May be able to search this site using ZGRX, I think he had a post on how he made the bottom edge feature on the upper fairing.
97 C10,ZRX Front, Meanstreak rim

Offline JS

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 12:47:21 am »
To later return the bike to its original configuration I purchased a used pair of side panel boxes on eBay and cut and heated them to blend with a strip of black plastic that was screwed to each side of the upper fairing. I had an extra strip of long fairing channel trim that was cut in half and used to trim the sides of the upper fairing. I also had to fabricate a hidden lower brace for the shorter panel boxes. I also cut the windshield height down for a more sport-bike look...couldn't stand the wind deflector bend distorting the view.
My next project is to relocate the coolant bottle or another bottle to behind the battery box. With the exception of the windshield all mods can be reversed.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 01:02:03 am by JS »

Offline Bud

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12907
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 09:45:40 am »
To later return the bike to its original configuration I purchased a used pair of side panel boxes on eBay and cut and heated them to blend with a strip of black plastic that was screwed to each side of the upper fairing. I had an extra strip of long fairing channel trim that was cut in half and used to trim the sides of the upper fairing. I also had to fabricate a hidden lower brace for the shorter panel boxes. I also cut the windshield height down for a more sport-bike look...couldn't stand the wind deflector bend distorting the view.
My next project is to relocate the coolant bottle or another bottle to behind the battery box. With the exception of the windshield all mods can be reversed.
Pics?
2005 Kawasaki Concours
1982 Suzuki GS1100GK
1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Offline The ice man

• Moped
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 11:53:34 am »
Can I see pictures of this?