Author Topic: ZR7 wheel install, much improved 4-pot’s and Battery from Summit Racing  (Read 626 times)

Offline Mike G

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
I installed the ZR7 wheel with ZX6D speedo drive (The speedo now reads 1 mph high compared to GPS so the speedo drive worked a treat.) this past weekend to complement the Meanstreak rear I did a couple of years ago and also replaced my worn out Michelin PR3’s with PR4-GT’s and am very pleased so far.  I can’t say I notice any real difference in the tires but definitely like the lighter steering from the 17” front wheel.  I didn’t really expect the tires to be any different but if they last longer than the PR3’s (I got 20,000 miles on the front and 15,000 on the rear) like they are supposed to that would be a nice improvement.  I notice the bike stands just a tad more upright on the sidestand but didn’t notice any difference putting it up on the centerstand and I can get the balls of my feet down just a tad more solidly.  I rarely drag a peg so I don’t expect the slight loss of ground clearance to be missed.  I could always lower the fork tubes in the steering head but don’t think I will at this point.  As an added bonus I noticed I needed to replace front brake pads and took the opportunity to try EBC HH pads in place of the previous organic pads and I believe is pushing the pistons back in that I removed a small air bubble from the lines (I’m betting it was in the splitter) as the braking power is now better with the HH pads AND the lever is firmer like I always thought it should be and I'm back to truly effective two finger braking!  Every year and every change/farkle the bike gets a little bit better.

And for anybody interested, my six year old, Mike’s XS Chinese AGM battery gave up the ghost and Summit Racing wanted $3 more for a Yuasa AGM than Walmart’s AGM (12 month warranty vs 3 month warranty) and I ended up buying NGK plugs and rear EBC organic pads so shipping was free.  They had everything in stock so I ordered at noon on Monday and had them just after lunch on Tuesday!  A couple of months ago I bought a carb rebuild kit for my 20 year old weedwacker from them and it was $8 delivered and they also had it to me in one day!  I continue to be surprised what Summit carries, what they charge and how fast they deliver!(no financial interest, just a satisfied customer)

Offline ACISROC

• Coordinator for the" Help A Cogger Out" thread.
  • Iron Butt
  • Red C-10 called Diablo
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11845
  • Membership Level: Active
Mike,
         Can you tell me the Summit battery # that you ordered or a link? I assume it comes from summit racing?
                      Thanks,
                                    Steve :great:
There are "Bold Riders" and their are "Old Riders" but their are very few "OLD BOLD RIDERS"
 2003 C-10, C.O.G.Member#11845, A.T.G.A.T.T.
SW Chapter "Bold Riders" Retired Scout 12%er

Offline Mike G

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Yep, Summit Racing.  YSA-YTX20L-BS

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 10807
In my case the spongy front brakes were from slightly warped rotors pushing the pistons back on my Nissins.
If you don't have time to do it right, when do you have time to do it over.                                                                17" wheels, Nissin 4 piston calipers.1kg Sonic Springs.Cartridge Fork Emulators. KB Brace. Galfer brake lines  Free power mod.

Offline ACISROC

• Coordinator for the" Help A Cogger Out" thread.
  • Iron Butt
  • Red C-10 called Diablo
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11845
Yep, Summit Racing.  YSA-YTX20L-BS

Thanks mike,
                     Steve
There are "Bold Riders" and their are "Old Riders" but their are very few "OLD BOLD RIDERS"
 2003 C-10, C.O.G.Member#11845, A.T.G.A.T.T.
SW Chapter "Bold Riders" Retired Scout 12%er