Author Topic: It Happened To Me, 3/28/13  (Read 733 times)

Offline thundermax

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 11055
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
It Happened To Me, 3/28/13
« on: March 29, 2013, 01:45:32 pm »
Just finishing nice ride, topped off gas tank, rode home. Pull up to the garage door which involved riding up driveway and turning right to face the door. This time I did not take a wide enough right turn. Pulled up and needed to turn the wheel a little more to the right at the end. Somehow when I turned the wheel right the weight was shifted unexpected to the right. I found my right foot to be in an awkward position, could not hold the weight as it continued to mount on the right. Tried to hold it all the way down. In the end I had to let go and get my foot out of the way. I turned off the ignition, got up, and worked really hard lifting it up off the right side. With a full gas tank you can imagine the weight. Scratches on lower fairing, right mirror, right hard case. Zenith Tibet Almond Stick to make the scratches not so visible even though they are still there. 
Riding since 1966 at 13. Just purchased my tenth bike in my life. Now have two at same time. 2009 C14 and 2012 C14. Here are bike I have owned: 1958 Cushman model 721 Highlander, 1960 Cushman Super Eagle, 1971 Honda SL 100, 1974 Yamaha RD350, 1975 Honda 750 Four, 1971 Honda SL 175, 1998 Vmax, 2005 Vmax, 2009 C14, 2012 C14. COG#11056, South Central Area, Oklahoma.

Offline mellow yellow

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 9301
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Re: It Happened To Me, 3/28/13
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 04:40:01 pm »
sounds like a drop, sorry about it. glad you didn't get hurt. as soon as chipdoc get's your story, you'll be assigned a cda #. welcome from a fellow cda'er. wait, I seem to recall that you had to be a member to get a cda #
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 04:44:32 pm by mellow yellow »
05 connie

Offline ChipDoc

• Sport Tourer
  • Work to ride - Ride to work!
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9934
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: It Happened To Me, 3/28/13
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 07:44:42 pm »
Topping off that tank really does make Connie pretty top-heavy.  What's more, almost all of us drop her at home at some point - it seems as if, while we're really careful on the road, once we get home we just relax our guard.

And Mellow Yellow's right.  While I'm really glad that neither you nor Connie was hurt, and your incident does qualify you for the CDA Award except for one thing.

You need to be a full COG member.  Don't worry, we don't make you drop it again after you've joined in order to qualify!  Most folks join if they hang around a while and like what we do here, so just drop me a line after that happens and we'll add you to the roster.

In the interests of Full Disclosure, my own membership had lapsed for almost a month before a friend pointed it out to me.  I had been vaguely aware that renewal was coming up, but it simply slipped my mind. 

Just to avoid confusion, here are the instructions: How to Convert from Forum Subscriber to Full COG Membership

And here's where to Renew