Author Topic: me too  (Read 512 times)

Offline sailor

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
me too
« on: April 24, 2013, 02:18:56 am »
 :-[ Well I'm sad to say it happened to me too.  I backed up and started off to the left, apparently not enough throttle and too much left lean and down she went, I tried to stop her but she went down anyway, scratches on left mirror, lower faring, and left bag, hurt my pride more than anything, couple of people watching....OUCH :'(.  At least it was my fault, and I scratched her myself.  Thank God for the break-away mirrors.

Sailor

Offline ChipDoc

• Sport Tourer
  • Work to ride - Ride to work!
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9934
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: me too
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 02:30:13 am »
Well that certainly will put a damper on a beautiful day, Sailor.  Connie is a tall girl and once she gets going over to one side or the other, she's difficult to stop.  A little more throttle or a little less lean and you'd have been ok and this will actually become second nature fairly quickly.  But until then, you really need to be careful - particularly when carrying a load.

I'm really glad that neither you nor Connie was badly hurt, and your incident does qualify you for the CDA Award except for one thing.

You need to be a full COG member.  Don't worry, we don't make you drop it again after you've joined in order to qualify!  Most folks join if they hang around a while and like what we do here, so just drop me a line after that happens and we'll add you to the roster.

Just to avoid confusion, here are the instructions: How to Convert from Forum Subscriber to Full COG Membership

And here's where to Renew