• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Best Suspension Upgrades?

CoachTony

I have seen a few posts on Facebook, especially from those selling their bikes that have suspension upgrades.
As a newer owner I would like to hear about what others feel are the best suspension upgrades for the C14.
Thank you!

Race tech forks and Penske on the rear with a new spring. I had Traxxion AK 20's on my Goldwing so I would bet they would be good on your Concours.

Ok - not able to make it there; we're located in SE Pennsylvania (for the moment) but was going to offer to set your suspension.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Like Steve, I have the Traxxion AK20 in the front and a Penske triple-clicker on the rear. Pricey, but worth it! I need the triple clicker on PA roads!

I dont have the best but I feel I received good value for my $$. Rebuilt, valved and resprung front and rear

Pulling mine and taking them up to Ft Wayne from Muncie. I will drop them off and pick them up. Dude is smart and talks/asks you about many things as he is gathering info on what you want. Just got to stay home long enough to pull them....multiple bikes is a blessing.

Pulling mine and taking them up to Ft Wayne from Muncie. I will drop them off and pick them up. Dude is smart and talks/asks you about many things as he is gathering info on what you want. Just got to stay home long enough to pull them....multiple bikes is a blessing.
Where in Ft Wayne do you take them? Tell me more about what he can do etc.

Where in Ft Wayne do you take them? Tell me more about what he can do etc.
Rebuilt, revalve and respring. After I bolted mine on I never did a changed a thing until I put in a seal a couple years later. He will talk to you and had a form to fill out for a quote.

I talked to him about my weight, riding style, roads I am on and what kind of riding I do, He also explained what the factory settings are and compared them to my weight....ohhhhhhh crap..... I still have to take the forks and shock off. He said when I get ready to run them up he would tell me when would be the best time to drop them off so that he would be there.

He's on the southwest side just off I 69

What's the name of his shop? I have family up in that area. Might have to see about dropping them off sometime this winter.

What's the name of his shop? I have family up in that area. Might have to see about dropping them off sometime this winter.
Up in the previous post they gave the main page This is his pricing page. Heck of a lot cheaper than finding a Penske but I'm at 93K on the C14 ...reading the shop manual to get the rear shock out today I had to laugh at the 150lb "average rider" they talk about in the manual. I have never seen a #150 pound Connie rider.....Hell ....I have rarely seen a 150 lb pillion

Up in the previous post they gave the main page This is his pricing page. Heck of a lot cheaper than finding a Penske but I'm at 93K on the C14 ...reading the shop manual to get the rear shock out today I had to laugh at the 150lb "average rider" they talk about in the manual. I have never seen a #150 pound Connie rider.....Hell ....I have rarely seen a 150 lb pillion

Give or take, I'm 158 lbs with All The Gear.....I'm the ENVY of the 98 lb weaklings!!!!