• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Center Stand reinstallation

x01660

On a Connie in a neighborhood near you
The PO had the center stand removed, and I'd like to put it back on. I got decently far, but then realized a few things... so I have some questions.

1. Where is the spring mount point on the bike for the center stand? I think its a little notched piece of metal on the throttle side of the bike, up near the shock. But I'm not sure. A picture would be GREAT...
  2. How do you go about tightening the bolt on the clutch side? I was able to get the bolt in and threaded, but between the exhaust and the kickstand, I see NO way to get a 17mm ANYTHING in there to tighten the bolt
  3. Anyone have a spare centerstand spring they wanna sell me? I think the one that came with the centerstand is another kickstand spring
  4. Does the centerstand have a sensor on it like the kickstand?
Thanks!

-x01660

Take the muffler off to get to that bolt. The center stand has no sensor. Here's your pic. HTH

Attachments

• IMG_20230925_104311_259.jpg
    IMG_20230925_104311_259.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 41
Take the muffler off to get to that bolt. The center stand has no sensor. Here's your pic. HTH

I did take the muffler off... I just couldn't fit anything in there to tighten the bolt. Do I need to pull the kickstand sensor to install?