• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #8 April 20th - 23rd.

Registered, T-shirt ordered (got the gray, just to spite Ted). Gotta get Lisa to get herself registered this weekend.

Now to prep/fix a whole bunch of shizz before then...

The kid and I are registered, shirt ordered, hope to sneak in Wednesday evening.... hope arkansas weather smoothes out seems they been getting smacked a bit

Yes, we have been getting smacked, the rain has been relentless with torrential downpours. Seems like it has rained everyday this year & It has washed out my long rock drive multiple times which is far from normal. 3 months in & we've already had 1/2 our average yearly total. 😞

Jason ask me to put a notice that the store closes tomorrow, so if you want a t-shirt you'll need to get it ordered.

Yes, we have been getting smacked, the rain has been relentless with torrential downpours. Seems like it has rained everyday this year & It has washed out my long rock drive multiple times which is far from normal. 3 months in & we've already had 1/2 our average yearly total. 😞
You guys still hanging tough I see you had some more rough weather again. We got by lucky here locally in Solon Iowa but there are some folks around close by that didn't fare as well in Coralville where I work.

I will be hosting a COG Lunch at my house in Mountain Home on Friday April 21st between 11am and 2pm (ish) for any riders that want to come up this way. I'm about 10 miles away from the north end of Push Mountain Rd. We did this a couple years ago and it worked out well. I'm not sure of the menu just yet, but it will probably be soup and sandwiches with chips and drinks. Cliff will have my address.

Acting like me {instead of you} would definitely be an improvement.
I think Jim and I may be there Wednesday too.
Jim's buying.

Ride safe, Ted

Registration closes at noon Friday. So, if you're on the fence about attending hop off & come on.

If I counted right there appears to be about 10 women attending which is a new all-time high. Also there is quite a few names I don't recognize, it's always good to have new faces at a COG event.

See y'all here!

Well it gave 2 choices, ship now or pick up at event. I chose ship now. I just hope it's there.

I sent a email to Jason today to find out when I should expect delivery of the shirts. I was told they will print tomorrow then ship on Monday & receive on Wednesday . I don't know if that goes for those that chose to have them shipped to their house, but I assume they all print at the same time.

They will print tomorrow then ship on Monday & receive on Wednesday.

As Jim and I are leaving on Wednesday morning; that means, his (and others) shirts would be shipped to their house before the event, arrive after they depart, and would be there when they return?? :rolleyes: :oops:🤣

Hopefully; All the shirts that are in that circumstance aren't the RED ones... :sneaky:

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Where are you at in AR? I am about an hour north of eureka springs. Because of my medical stuff I can't camp but id love to meet some folks and see your bikes.

And if your coming thru swmo I have places to camp, work on your bike. About 10 miles off I44. Also if your interested in the Ozarks dragon and riding the ferry into nwAR I can give you that info. Great ride

As Jim and I are leaving on Wednesday morning; that means, his (and others) shirts would be shipped to their house before the event, arrive after they depart, and would be there when they return?? :rolleyes: :oops:🤣

Ride safe, Ted
It's not the way I would have expected it to go since he quit taking shirt orders two weeks ago. It's completely out of my control though.

Where are you at in AR?

I'm in Greenbrier AR, 3 hours or so south of you. There is a hotel in town about 7 miles away & you can still attend without being registered online. Just pay at the door, there will be plenty of food.

Would love to have you.

It's not the way I would have expected it to go since he quit taking shirt orders two weeks ago. It's completely out of my control though.

I'm in Greenbrier AR, 3 hours or so south of you. There is a hotel in town about 7 miles away & you can still attend without being registered online. Just pay at the door, there will be plenty of food.

Would love to have you.
Hopefully I can get tires on my Connie by then! A 3 hour ride would help me figure out what the bike needs

I knew that and know it's out of your control and not your fault.
The post was a good chance to pick on Jim. <evil grin>

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:

I knew that and know it's out of your control and not your fault.
The post was a good chance to pick on Jim. <evil grin>

Ride safe, Ted
I knew when there were 2 choices on ordering the shirts I would choose the wrong one.

We are also. Made it from Riviera TX o Aransas Pass TX. Heading out tomorrow morning but still won't make it out of Texas. :)
Tomorrow's planned stop is boondocking SE of Tuscaloosa, AL. then two nights at Lake Sardis near Oxford, MS. We have a grandbaby attending Ol' Miss. We plan on killing a few brain cells. Then on to Cliffs for a Wed arrival.

We did have lunch today with SiSF and Mrs. SiSF today. (y)

I see Mrs Bikerhawk signed up just under the wire. (y)
Yes, she (I) did. ;)

Gonna try to head out late Thursday & get at least part way. We're hosting state music festival at my school on Thursday, so I can't get out before probably 6 PM at the earliest...but I'd love to get a jumpstart and maybe salvage a small ride after we roll in Friday.

Or, who knows...we might get crazy & roll in @ 2 AM. We've done dumber things.

Don't feel bad Jim, I just received delivery notification from UPS for delivery here on Friday. Can't say I'm pleased with that!
But, in the overall scheme of things, really not a big deal. See all y'all this afternoon.

Currently on TDY at Pat's Bluff cg at Sardis Lake, MS.

Just wanted to throw out a big thank you to all the volunteers that helped out serving food, picking up & cleaning. Also, those that volunteered to offer to furnish meals for the early arrivals & the ones that brought misc. food/desserts. I won't try to list them all because I'll forget someone, but you know who you are & I thank you.

We had 13 states represented, FL, SC, GA, NC, TN, KY, MO, TX, MN, KS, OK, IA & AR. Also had 10 first timers & 9 women which was nice.

We probably had the best weather we've ever had. Had some rain one night, but it didn't start till after everyone had left the fire & gone to bed, it was dry by morning with sunshine every day.

The only disappointment of the weekend & it was a big one, was not receiving the t-shirts on time as promised. They are supposed to arrive today & they will be returned to Damin Printing. It will then be his responsibility to get them mailed to everyone individually that ordered one as I don't know who ordered what. Not to mention I don't have mailing addresses for everyone, nor do I want to foot the bill to mail out these individually. If you don't receive your shirt contact Jason at Damin Printing, it's completely out of my hands.

Attachments

• 20230422_203209.jpg
    20230422_203209.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20230421_180534.jpg
    20230421_180534.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 20230422_163510.jpg
    20230422_163510.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 20230421_084305.jpg
    20230421_084305.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Cliff. {{As usual I have a BRILLIANT idea}
ie; I have the perfect solution on how to solve this small problem.

Keep the T-Shirts at your house and give them out at Horseshoe-Mountain-Rendezvous-#9.

Ride safe, Ted

I can't believe I'm saying this...but I like Ted's idea! :giggle:

Big thanks to Cliff, Jimmie & fam for hosting again.

Thanks also to Ted & Jim for helping me load up & get my straps sorted correctly after my little CDA spill in the grass Saturday, and gratitude to the guys that helped get me & the bike back up. The ankle was a bit rough the last couple of days, but I'm walking closer to normally today.

The only disappointment of the weekend & it was a big one, was not receiving the t-shirts on time as promised. They are supposed to arrive today & they will be returned to Damin Printing. It will then be his responsibility to get them mailed to everyone individually that ordered one as I don't know who ordered what. Not to mention I don't have mailing addresses for everyone, nor do I want to foot the bill to mail out these individually. If you don't receive your shirt contact Jason at Damin Printing, it's completely out of my hands.

Cliff, I'm sorry for you or anyone else who was disappointed that the shirts didn't arrive on time.

We were working on a tight schedule but the shirts did ship in time to arrrive for your event. There was a "delay" with UPS.
As I mentioned to you already.

The shirts are on their way back to the company I work for. When they arrive the orders will be seperated and shipped to the buyers home. Please keep in mind that I work for a small, Family owned business with 12 employees, so it will take a day or three to get this all done.

Everyone will get the items they ordered!

And as I sometimes have to remind people, it's just a tee shirt!
No one died, no one was hurt!
Keep it in perspective.

Thanks for your understanding.
Jason
COG 32

T shirt arrived yesterday.

Jason and folks at Damin, a big thank you.

A lot is revealed about a company when things go awry. Damin scores high in my book.