• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Owner

jrcrewson4786

Hi from Trenton, Ontario,
I am the new owner of a 2006 C-10. I joined COG a few weeks ago, but have been floating around the forum for awhile. Hearing what people had to say about these bikes, and the bang for the buck, who could refuse.
This is my first bike since I sold my FJ 1100 in 1989. I have had it about three months now. I love it. I think it is a better bike than my FJ was, but history has a a way of fading in our brains. Some of you will know the bike, but you have to tell me. Haha!

Attachments

• 20231004_140933.jpg
    20231004_140933.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231004_140919.jpg
    20231004_140919.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231004_140907.jpg
    20231004_140907.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 47
Welcome.
It looks like you have some very nice accessories, striping, and paint on that new toy.

Many of us are re-treads too.
ie; We hadn't ridden in quite a while and returned to riding because of a Connie.
I was one of them, and now I'm on Connie #5. :eek:
Not quite sure how that happened. But, it's been fun.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Welcome!
I agree, that custom paint looks really nice.
Well, I thought I'd gone a good while between bike. I sold my BMW R75/6 in 1987, and bought my 2005 Connie in 2009... but you my gap by 2 years! I'm sure it feel good to be back on 2 wheels.
Enjoy it, and enjoy COG- lots of good people here with a LOT of knowledge, that are very willing to help.

Welcome!
I agree, that custom paint looks really nice.
Well, I thought I'd gone a good while between bike. I sold my BMW R75/6 in 1987, and bought my 2005 Connie in 2009... but you my gap by 2 years! I'm sure it feel good to be back on 2 wheels.
Enjoy it, and enjoy COG- lots of good people here with a LOT of knowledge, that are very willing to help.
Thanks! It did feel good to be back on two wheels.
I am enjoying it. That windscreen is amazing.
I actually bought the bike from the GTA AAD, so you could say I am enjoying COG already. Plus, the local tech day for COG is a 3 minute walk away, and so is my riding buddy. How many people can say they have a fellow COG member on the same street? šŸ˜†

Welcome.
It looks like you have some very nice accessories, striping, and paint on that new toy.

Many of us are re-treads too.
ie; We hadn't ridden in quite a while and returned to riding because of a Connie.
I was one of them, and now I'm on Connie #5. :eek:
Not quite sure how that happened. But, it's been fun.

Ride safe, Ted
I love the painted panniers, and the pin striping. First vehicle, car or motorcycle, in my favorite color, blue. Score!

Thanks! It did feel good to be back on two wheels.
I am enjoying it. That windscreen is amazing.
I actually bought the bike from the GTA AAD, so you could say I am enjoying COG already. Plus, the local tech day for COG is a 3 minute walk away, and so is my riding buddy. How many people can say they have a fellow COG member on the same street? šŸ˜†
You're lucky it has the madstad windshield as they've been discontinued. I love mine!

They're great people at Madstadt.
My wife drove to their shop to get one installed on her Vulcan-S. They even had her take it out for a spin, asked her questions about the ride, then adjusted it... and they got it right.

They said they would make one for my Suzuki. We'll see if I make it to Florida this winter.