Author Topic: Shoodaben Engineering upgrades  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Cap'n Bob

• AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
  • Membership Level: Active
Shoodaben Engineering upgrades
« on: August 20, 2011, 04:06:35 pm »
  I  (well my 86) recently have been blessed with Steve Sefsick's Shoodaben Engineering, two minute mod & carb jets, as well as a 7degree Performance Exhaust Cam Sprocket. I want to thank Colin Prior for wanting to install the jets and sprocket while at the national rally in Vermont. I guess she wasn't fast enough for Colin.  :)
  I have to say that it seems to have livened up the old girl a bit. She seems to run right along with a better low end. And hauling a guy my size around isn't easy on the motorcycle!  :))  Of course I also have Steve's overflow tubes as insurance to prevent the possibility of hydro-lock. Although I had the overflow tubes on the carbs already, before Colin's COG National C10 modifications.
 Whether you like to work on your own carbs or have Steve do the work. I feel the gains are well worth it. This would make a big difference if your bike runs a little rough lately (especially in the lower rpms). I understand that funds can be tight now a days. But if you can manage to scrape together the price for these mods, or better yet, for Steve to perform a carb service on your C10's carburetors. I bet you'll feel it's money well spent, once you ride your Concours afterwards. But don't ask me. Ask some of Steve's customers. I'm sure they'll chime in.
 I know this sounds like a commercial. But I have no affiliation with Steve and Shoodaben Engineering other than being brothers in a great club known as Concours Owners Group. I really need to give a lot of the credit to Colin. Since Colin provided the parts and labor. I only provided the Concours. It was nice of Colin to do this for me. So after riding my C10 with these upgrades. I thought a shout out for these two guys was appropriate. Colin for the gift of the parts. And to Steve for making them in the first place!  :)

If your interested in checking out  Shoodaben Engineering's web site. I'll include a link.

Offline Dano

• Scooter
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 9627
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Re: Shoodaben Engineering upgrades
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 02:46:47 pm »

Nothing wrong with singing the paises of a good guy and quality products. I will add that steve has jumped in on many cases as well as one for me in the last day or so saving me a ton of time looking all around a problem he saw right off in a pic. :beerchug:
Dano59 COG#9627 CDA#0358
Charleston, Illinois
92 Concours (93 Color for some reason)

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• I Need a Life
  • c-10 tech editor
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 6977
  • Membership Level: Tech Editor
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 06:22:02 pm »
Hey thanks Bob, I know my stuff won't make your old c-10 run like a c-14, but it should liven the old girl up abit more than it was before! Steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"

Online SteveJ.

• Iron Butt
  • COG#: 5603
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 06:59:26 pm »
The new cam grinds ain't too shabby either.
Ride Long and Prosper
Steve J  Tavares, FL, one of the Floriduh Steves
'99 C-10, 223k miles, '98 KLR650, (back home)
IBA 19221

Offline handyman

• Crotch Rocket
  • aka 'Worncog'
  • COG#: 9584
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 10:35:20 am »
The 7th gear mod is a quality product. I have not used his other offerings as of yet only because my bike only sits idle long enough to reload it for another run. I have spoken with Steve and he is very knowledgeable in the needs of improving the performance of the Concours. I look forward to installing a set of the torque cams in the very near future. Thanks Steve. Oh, my mileage has jumped up by at least 5mpg with the 7th gear.
*Last Blast RTE Dec.19th
*IBA Stagecoach Last Ride of the Year Dec 30
*BMWNEF Coolest Rally Jan 15/17
*Run with the Bullfrogs Rally Feb 26/28

Offline Mad River Marc

• Section Moderator
  • Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 8442
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 12:38:41 pm »
I have to concur,  I helped a friend install a 2 min Jet kit on his 92 C-10 and all I can say was "wow" what a difference it made.  if  I still had my ol C-10 i'd have this mod (and the exhaust cam gear) in a heartbeat!!
You only need two tools in life – WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the duct tape.

Offline Stasch

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 6830
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 08:28:14 am »
I've got the 7* ex. cam gear advance mod as well as the 1st generation SISF jet kit and have been please with the results.

I removed the needle shims last year.  The worked well to address the 2-2,500 flat spot.
I thought it might help boost mpg a bit, but no change. 

Their removal reintroduce some of the 2-2,500 rpm flat spot, and so the shims need to go back in, or . . . I just need to pony up for the newer 2 minute mod jet kit as I'ld like to improve the mileage a bit.

The difference is significant, especially in the mid range.  Gear selections in the twisties are different (lower) than a stock C10 according to those riding behind me comparing to stock machines.

Hey Steve, I just invented 2 internet abbreviations that you can use when talking about your 2 minute mod jet kit options:  2MMJKE and 2MMJKP. 
Stan Visser - COG#: 6830 - - C10 Stuff For Sale - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1