Author Topic: Shoodaben Engineering upgrades  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
  • Membership Level: Active
Shoodaben Engineering upgrades
« on: August 20, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »
  I  (well my 86) recently have been blessed with Steve Sefsick's Shoodaben Engineering, two minute mod & carb jets, as well as a 7degree Performance Exhaust Cam Sprocket. I want to thank Colin Prior for wanting to install the jets and sprocket while at the national rally in Vermont. I guess she wasn't fast enough for Colin.  :)
  I have to say that it seems to have livened up the old girl a bit. She seems to run right along with a better low end. And hauling a guy my size around isn't easy on the motorcycle!  :))  Of course I also have Steve's overflow tubes as insurance to prevent the possibility of hydro-lock. Although I had the overflow tubes on the carbs already, before Colin's COG National C10 modifications.
 Whether you like to work on your own carbs or have Steve do the work. I feel the gains are well worth it. This would make a big difference if your bike runs a little rough lately (especially in the lower rpms). I understand that funds can be tight now a days. But if you can manage to scrape together the price for these mods, or better yet, for Steve to perform a carb service on your C10's carburetors. I bet you'll feel it's money well spent, once you ride your Concours afterwards. But don't ask me. Ask some of Steve's customers. I'm sure they'll chime in.
 I know this sounds like a commercial. But I have no affiliation with Steve and Shoodaben Engineering other than being brothers in a great club known as Concours Owners Group. I really need to give a lot of the credit to Colin. Since Colin provided the parts and labor. I only provided the Concours. It was nice of Colin to do this for me. So after riding my C10 with these upgrades. I thought a shout out for these two guys was appropriate. Colin for the gift of the parts. And to Steve for making them in the first place!  :)

If your interested in checking out  Shoodaben Engineering's web site. I'll include a link.

http://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/intake-and-exhaust

Offline Dano

• Scooter
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 9627
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Re: Shoodaben Engineering upgrades
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 02:46:47 PM »
Cap

Nothing wrong with singing the paises of a good guy and quality products. I will add that steve has jumped in on many cases as well as one for me in the last day or so saving me a ton of time looking all around a problem he saw right off in a pic. :beerchug:
Dano59 COG#9627 CDA#0358
Charleston, Illinois
92 Concours (93 Color for some reason)
www.jacksonavenuecoffee.com
www.harpart.webs.com

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Iron Butt
  • c-10 tech editor
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 6977
  • Membership Level: Tech Editor
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 06:22:02 PM »
Hey thanks Bob, I know my stuff won't make your old c-10 run like a c-14, but it should liven the old girl up abit more than it was before! Steve
Shleper of the 7th gear unit, jet kits, and performance exhaust cam sprockets.   For more information visit the Shoodaben Engineering Website    My bike - "SHOODABEN" - 1109cc's of what an 04 concours "shoodaben"!

Online SteveJ.

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 5603
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 06:59:26 PM »
The new cam grinds ain't too shabby either.
Steve J  Tavares, FL, one of the Floriduh Steves
'99 C-10, 205k miles, '98 KLR650, (Cal bike)
IBA 19221
Old guys rule, but we forget things. (Steve Dufresne)

Offline handyman

• Crotch Rocket
  • aka 'Worncog'
  • COG#: 9584
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 10:35:20 AM »
The 7th gear mod is a quality product. I have not used his other offerings as of yet only because my bike only sits idle long enough to reload it for another run. I have spoken with Steve and he is very knowledgeable in the needs of improving the performance of the Concours. I look forward to installing a set of the torque cams in the very near future. Thanks Steve. Oh, my mileage has jumped up by at least 5mpg with the 7th gear.
06 Concours 'Farkled'
Suzuki GSF1200S 'Tuned'
BMW R75/6 hack 'Old School'
Florida Panhandle AAD
COG, AMA, ROK, BMWMOA.

Offline Mad River Marc

• Section Moderator
  • Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 8442
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »
I have to concur,  I helped a friend install a 2 min Jet kit on his 92 C-10 and all I can say was "wow" what a difference it made.  if  I still had my ol C-10 i'd have this mod (and the exhaust cam gear) in a heartbeat!!
You only need two tools in life – WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the duct tape.

Offline Stasch

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 6830
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 08:28:14 AM »
I've got the 7* ex. cam gear advance mod as well as the 1st generation SISF jet kit and have been please with the results.

I removed the needle shims last year.  The worked well to address the 2-2,500 flat spot.
I thought it might help boost mpg a bit, but no change. 

Their removal reintroduce some of the 2-2,500 rpm flat spot, and so the shims need to go back in, or . . . I just need to pony up for the newer 2 minute mod jet kit as I'ld like to improve the mileage a bit.

The difference is significant, especially in the mid range.  Gear selections in the twisties are different (lower) than a stock C10 according to those riding behind me comparing to stock machines.

Hey Steve, I just invented 2 internet abbreviations that you can use when talking about your 2 minute mod jet kit options:  2MMJKE and 2MMJKP. 
Stan Visser - SE MI AAD - COG#: 6830

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1