Author Topic: Murphs new pegs or Knee savers  (Read 964 times)

Offline Snowlover

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 10427
  • Membership Level: Active
Murphs new pegs or Knee savers
« on: October 04, 2012, 08:55:45 PM »
Seems they both accomplish similar relocation of pegs.   $46 bucks is $46 bucks I could use for other items in my shopping cart.

Offline Mettler1

• Crotch Rocket
  • You want answers? We got answers!!
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 1431
Re: Murphs new pegs or Knee savers
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 09:20:32 PM »
 I opted for Murphs' Kneesavers. I can ride all day and my knees don't get sore any more. Really wasn't sure they would work but they do. The comments were right on!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 05:54:51 AM by Mettler1 »
'94 Concours 107,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline GF-in-CA

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9059
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »
I wasn't aware that Murph sold any pegs other than the Kneesavers for the C10.  Are you thinking of his new pegs for the C14?
Gary F.

1998 ZGX1100
Central Valley California

Offline Snowlover

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 10427
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »
Reading is not my strong point.  I saw 2 sets of Pegs with the first ones being clearly c14 so i assumed the other set was for c10.

Thanks for the reading comprehension test.

Offline Shmerick

• Training Wheels
  • If you ain't first, you're last.
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 09:33:31 AM »
Been wondering if the Kneesavers reduces the angle of allowable lean into turns. I frequently scrape the stock pegs in turns and was thinking Kneesavers would further hamper my high speed death wish.
'03 ZG "Rufus" - AVON Venoms, K&N, CeeBailey 18, Speed Bleeders, Airbox plug, Snarf Block Off Plates, Side Cover Knobs, Bergman Quick Release, Helmet Lock Relocation, Antler splint, Electronic fuel guage mod, ...TBA

Offline Outback Jon

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 9506
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 05:46:20 PM »
Been wondering if the Kneesavers reduces the angle of allowable lean into turns. I frequently scrape the stock pegs in turns and was thinking Kneesavers would further hamper my high speed death wish.
Not at all.  The GL1800 pegs are much thinner than the stock C10 pegs, so you don't lose any clearance.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157 

Offline Eddie

• Scooter
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 01:04:29 AM »
Not at all.  The GL1800 pegs are much thinner than the stock C10 pegs, so you don't lose any clearance.

I have to seriously disagree. With the knee savers I have to always move my foot back and make sure just my toes are on the pegs in a tight turn. I always scrape them, sometimes I hit my boots on the ground, kinda scary at 70mph

Offline smithr1

• Iron Butt
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6197
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 09:13:59 AM »
Somewhere was picture proof the lowered  GL pegs gave the same ground clearance as stock.

Offline Eddie

• Scooter
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 09:19:21 AM »
Somewhere was picture proof the lowered  GL pegs gave the same ground clearance as stock.

I'll have to measure mine against a friends connie.

Waist a sec, I just realized my bike is lower than stock. With the ZRX front end and the Hagon shock it probably sits a good inch or two lower. Again, I should probably measure that as well.

But it doesn't take much for me to scrape the pegs. When I come along a banked curve my eyes light up for joy an I punch it.

Offline ron203

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Web Master
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 07:08:14 PM »

I'll have to measure mine against a friends connie.

Waist a sec, I just realized my bike is lower than stock. With the ZRX front end and the Hagon shock it probably sits a good inch or two lower. Again, I should probably measure that as well.

But it doesn't take much for me to scrape the pegs. When I come along a banked curve my eyes light up for joy an I punch it.

I have to agree with Eddie. It lowers them a little, but not the whole 1.5". I recently installed the Kneesavers and like them, but since then, I've touched my boot toe down a few times. Solve that by anticipating the lean and slide the #13 back up the ped or tilt the ankle.
2000 C10

Offline ron203

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Web Master
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 03:46:57 PM »
Lost the rubber off the left kneesaver within the first month and I haven't been riding much. If you get these, check the bolts. The replacement from Bike Bandit also had to have the bolt and the step plate since they're all part of the same set of pieces on each peg. The new bolt came pre-coated with a sort of thread lock like on speed bleeders, but check your bolts anyway.  I asked Murph if he had a replacement rubber piece and he asked once if it was the rubber step. When I replied "yes" I never heard from him again. So I bought from Bike Bandit. I tried.
2000 C10