Author Topic: From M109R to Concours 14  (Read 590 times)

Offline Hexrays

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12889
  • Membership Level: Active
From M109R to Concours 14
« on: November 15, 2018, 02:17:32 am »
Hello gang. Just purchased my first Concours 14. Sold my 2011 Suzuki M109R, killer fun ride but not at all great for two up. The new bike is a 2014, only has 5500 miles on it! What a sweet ride. I really love this bike, big plus, so does the wife!
Looking forward to learning and participating in this forum as I gain knowledge.

Regards to all!

Kenny
2014 C14, Risers, Cee Bailey Windshield, Givi Top case, GTR Ultra Series LED's, PIAA Sports Horns, Kuryakyn Passenger ISO Pegs.

Offline Charby

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 11182
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: From M109R to Concours 14
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 03:08:39 am »
What part of the Southwest are you at? Plenty of us get together for rides. Good group and we always have fun.

Offline Hexrays

• Tricycle
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 03:37:22 am »
What part of the Southwest are you at? Plenty of us get together for rides. Good group and we always have fun.
Thanks Charby. I'm in Santa Clarita.
2014 C14, Risers, Cee Bailey Windshield, Givi Top case, GTR Ultra Series LED's, PIAA Sports Horns, Kuryakyn Passenger ISO Pegs.

Offline spartan1984

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 12860
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 06:30:55 am »
Congrats on the purchase. Fantastic bike, enjoy the ride. The bike looks familiar, did you shop at Berts Mega Mall in Covina?
spartan

2017 Ducati Supersport S
2014 Kawa Concours

Offline Hexrays

• Tricycle
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 12:35:27 pm »
Congrats on the purchase. Fantastic bike, enjoy the ride. The bike looks familiar, did you shop at Berts Mega Mall in Covina?
Ahhh, wait, how could this bike look familiar? Yes, a Berts purchase.

Offline freebird6

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 11012
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 02:05:20 pm »

Haha. I got a chuckle out of this. Studied the pic for about 5 mins. Black Concours...one change is an aftermarket rack. Not knowing what a mega mall in CA looks like I can't figure out how that looks familiar....I like figuring out mysteries but I am not sure Columbo, CSI, Mentalist or any other fictional superslueth would have come up with that one. Morning entertainment to keep my mind moving while I recover from knee surgery and wait for basketball to come on.

Offline Hexrays

• Tricycle
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 02:55:24 pm »

Haha. I got a chuckle out of this. Studied the pic for about 5 mins. Black Concours...one change is an aftermarket rack. Not knowing what a mega mall in CA looks like I can't figure out how that looks familiar....I like figuring out mysteries but I am not sure Columbo, CSI, Mentalist or any other fictional superslueth would have come up with that one. Morning entertainment to keep my mind moving while I recover from knee surgery and wait for basketball to come on.
Ha, have since changed the rack. Whomever owned it previously mounted a side case onto the top case rack. Kind of funny cuz it never looked like it was meant and obviously it's not. I put a new givi rack on and the new givi top case with the light kit. Much much better.
Wishing you a fast recovery, regards, Kenny

Offline spartan1984

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 12860
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 03:49:58 pm »
LOL, sorry guys for the CSI question. I was looking at this particular bike and had stopped into Bert's Mega Mall (a huge motorsports dealership) to take a look at a Concours they had for sale. When Hexrays said it had about 5500 miles on it and his location, I figured it was the same one from Bert's  :)
spartan

2017 Ducati Supersport S
2014 Kawa Concours

Offline freebird6

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 11012
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 08:15:22 pm »
Ha

Well that makes more sense than seeing a bike at the local retail mall and remembering it for some odd reason. Thanks