Author Topic: Greetings from Alberta!  (Read 741 times)

Offline Pogo

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Greetings from Alberta!
« on: October 30, 2017, 11:30:02 pm »
Hello everyone. My name is Dave, and I'm a recent Connie owner from Alberta. Here's a little bit about myself by way of introduction. I have been riding for 25 years but haven't been able to ride since I was hit by a drunk driver a couple years ago. I am now almost back to normal physically, after surgery and much physio, but due to a bunch of factors I had given up hope of riding again for at least another couple years.

Then, two weeks ago, I unexpectedly ended up with a few extra bucks. At the same time, I was unexpectedly presented with the opportunity to buy a 2005 zg1000 (that I know the history of) for a price so low, it seemed like a dream come true. I've been aware of these bikes for many years, and always respected them, but had never put a leg over one.

This Connie has completely re-ignited my passion for riding. I haven't loved a bike more, been more grateful, or had a bigger riding grin since I was in my teens. It has also given me something to share with my young son that he absolutely loves. I've been lurking in the forums for awhile, and have gotten a ton of useful information. I've also been pleased to find what seems to be a thriving and passionate community. I hope to become a full member in the very near future, but I wanted to at least join the forum and say hi in the meantime. So hi! Hopefully, I'll get to meet some of you down the road.

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6197
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: Greetings from Alberta!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 01:32:33 pm »
Welcome to the fun Dave.  I also rejoined riding after a few years with a new to me C10.  Since, I have been an Area Director, AAD and headed up a club National rally.  I think during that period I was putting on about 25k a year.  I have a C14 now, cut back riding some but still love it.
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
2010 Kawasaki Concours, Midnight Blue
COG 6197, CDA 107

Offline Sport Rider

• Two wheel addict!
  • I Need a Life
  • 100,000 or Bust!
    • BikePics Site
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 8603
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 02:50:54 pm »
 :welcome:
North Carolina AAD
COG, VROC, VBA, IBA, USCA and other TLAs
05 C10, 94 C10, 06 Nomad, 15 CB
https://www.bikepics.com/members/ncdave/

Offline NinjaBreadMan

• Mini Bike
  • COG#: 11944
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 10:44:01 pm »
Welcome, Dave! Congratulations on the new bike, hope to see you at one of the COG events next year.
2016 Gray C14
previous bikes 2006 C10, 1977 Z1000
Jet Ski ST-15F & STX-900
Lake Stevens, WA

Offline Runner

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12660
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 08:52:59 pm »
Greetings, Dave, and welcome!

Sounds like your ZG1000 is a great motivator for whatever PT you're still supposed to be doing! ( ;)  Keep it up!

Offline Pogo

• Big Wheels
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 05:47:28 am »
Thanks guys! Will definitely get to any events I can. Can't wait to meet some of you.