Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 782 times)

Offline Staylo

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12548
  • Membership Level: Active
Hello!
« on: March 01, 2017, 04:36:03 pm »
Hello everyone. Last September I picked up a 2011 C 14. Coming off of a Ducati 748 I needed a more *ahem* "mature" bike. Something with a comfy seat, some luggage, and that I could comfortably ride for more than an hour or two. The Connie fits the bill perfectly, and I'm really enjoying riding again. I hadn't realized how much I was beginning to dislike riding the Ducati until I picked up the Connie and didn't feel half crippled when I got off of it at the end of the day. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming riding season, and hoping that maybe I can make it out to a COG event or two.
Lancaster County, PA
'11 C14

Offline connie_rider

• OtP {assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 04:39:23 pm »
Welcome Staylo.
Do come ride with us!!!

This years National will be in Missouri.
Maybe you can make that?
I highly recommend it!

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II)
03 Connie (Buddy)

To contribute to "OtP", (Chg. Card or paypal)  Click Here
(For Paypal) send to treasurer@cog-online.org

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 05:12:31 pm »
 :welcome:

Please check out the online calendar for activities that interest you. If you enjoy yourself we hope that you consider full membership.

| Steve Smith | COG #3184 | MSF/CONREP RC |

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline Sailor Rich

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 9318
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 08:27:01 pm »
There is a great group of COGers in Pa

Offline 4Bikes

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 9715
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 09:39:41 pm »
Welcome Scott. I live in Northwest Lancaster County. There is a strong group of riders who get together on a regular basis. Check out the event calendar and threads in the Notheast section of the Rallies, Rides, and Events. I'm sure we will meet up soon.  :motonoises:
Silver 2011 C-14. Previous rides: KZ-400, KZ-750, KZ-1000.  Keep the rubber side down.  Ride Fast......Live Slow......

Offline notsluggo

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 10187
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 11:15:28 pm »
Hello everyone. Last September I picked up a 2011 C 14. Coming off of a Ducati 748 I needed a more *ahem* "mature" bike.

You mean I'm supposed to ride this beast like an adult?!?!?  :??:  :motonoises:  :))
 I'll let you know when that begins....  >:D  >:D
Ride safe(r).
- notsluggo
2011 Concours 14 - The Silver Bullet!
2014 KLR650 - Kelly
Parker, CO

Offline Staylo

• Training Wheels
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 12:21:26 am »
You mean I'm supposed to ride this beast like an adult?!?!?  :??:  :motonoises:  :))

Maybe I should've been more clear. What I meant was I needed a bike for a more mature body. I could no longer take hours on the torture rack like I used to. I've got arthritis started and one knee and after a couple hours on the Ducati it felt like somebody was stabbing me in the kneecap. It's nice to be on a bike again that I can ride all day and get off and still feel like I could've gone some more.
Lancaster County, PA
'11 C14

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11323
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 12:36:05 am »

Maybe I should've been more clear. What I meant was I needed a bike for a more mature body. I could no longer take hours on the torture rack like I used to. I've got arthritis started and one knee and after a couple hours on the Ducati it felt like somebody was stabbing me in the kneecap. It's nice to be on a bike again that I can ride all day and get off and still feel like I could've gone some more.

Hi,
        Send your seat to Seth Laam, and enjoy it even more!

The nice thing about the C14 is there is power to spare and easily made "custom"....

With a few changes?

The best money I have spent so far, is the seat, and a Delkevic slip on! ;D
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline Chuck Landis

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 10486
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 09:58:19 am »
Welcome Staylo!  York Co here. Hope to ride with you soon. Riding season is here. :motonoises:
Chuck
06 Connie
York Pa.

Offline Staylo

• Training Wheels
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 11:59:01 am »
 I'm anxious to get out. Made a lot of upgrades the bike over the winter and I'm dying to try them out! I would have love to make the crabcake ride but my daughter has swim championships tomorrow and Sunday at Central York HS.
Lancaster County, PA
'11 C14