Author Topic: New to Group, New to Connie  (Read 702 times)

Offline Jonno

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
New to Group, New to Connie
« on: March 22, 2017, 05:19:16 am »
Hey y'all! I formerly had a Honda ST 1100 and missed it so after getting off bikes for the past four years. I got a GROM to reintroduce myself to riding and quickly learned that, though it's a blast, the real roads were calling again, so to Craiglist I started my quest. Found an awesome 2009 Connie and I gotta say, dang! This Mrs Povich is freaking fast! I really missed my Honda, but man this thing is much more wow. Anywho, I'm in Texas between San Antonio and Austin and I'm hoping to learn a lot about my new bike from y'all! - Jonno

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 6197
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: New to Group, New to Connie
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 02:39:15 pm »
Welcome to the forum Jonno,  The bike is crazy fast fun huh.  I am up in Austin and am your Area Assistant Director.  Enjoy the forum but consider joining the club and adding to the fun.

There are rides coming up soon.  Missing out is not an option.  Here are links to two.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=239033&mo=3&tDate=%7Bd%20%272017-03-22%27%7D

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=241569&mo=4&tDate=%7Bd%20%272017-04-22%27%7D
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
2010 Kawasaki Concours, Midnight Blue
COG 6197, CDA 107

Offline Fais

• It's amazing what one can accomplish if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.
  • Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 04:21:52 pm »
Welcome - the Great Republic of Texas placed me in San Marcos Baptist Academy for 12 months when it was a military school for well-adjusted teenagers like I was. I hear it's a good non-military school now. No more 'Sir Yes Sir' lol. You around there somewhere? Anyway - I still love the hill country, the Guadalupe River and the barbeque brisket famous around those parts. Oh, and the 85mph speed limits shouldn't bother the Connie one bit!

Keep the Grom - I have the little Kawi - we can line them up one day  :motonoises:

:beerchug:
1976 BMW R90S (Luna) - 2000 KLR650 (Dirt McGirt) - 2005 SV1000 (Sue) - 2006 Vespa PX150 (Vino Negro) - 2014 C14 (Betty) - 2017 Z125Pro (MiniZ)
Whether you think you can or can't - you're right!
Instagram @ fais_the_photographer

Offline Jonno

• Big Wheels
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 09:45:04 pm »
Thanks for the welcomes y'all! I'm a small business owner and don't have a lot of time to ride or forum, but I'm glad to be here and riding when I can. I'm in Cibolo, TX. Will try to participate more once I'm filthy rich and less busy! Meanwhile, I'll look into events and join if I can. Jonno