Author Topic: Hello  (Read 553 times)

Offline extrapulp

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12539
  • Membership Level: Active
Hello
« on: March 11, 2017, 05:10:03 pm »
I purchased a silver 2016 Concours in September of last year. I have had two Honda ST1300's in the past, but the lack of change since 2008 swayed me to check out the Concours. Wish I had done that 10 years ago! This bike is so much fun!

I'm in northern Colorado. Typically its only the snow and ice that keep me off of a bike. This winter has been very bike friendly.

I have been reading the forums here for a month or so. Seems like a good place with lots of friendly people. The wife and I are thinking of going to the National even this June.

I have seen a couple other Concours riders in the last couple days. Not sure if they are members or not.

Brian

Offline Sport Rider

• Two wheel addict!
  • I Need a Life
  • 100,000 or Bust!
    • BikePics Site
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 8603
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 05:15:20 pm »
Brian....contact your AAD for Colorado and also your AD for your area.  the most important thing to this club is meeting people and getting involved in events.  going to the national will be a great way too, but better if you know some folks in your area before you go.  with 300 to 400 people there, it can get crazy and people are so busy catching up with old friends, we sometimes don't remember to plug in new people.  Not being negative, just what I faced and worked on in the past.  I was the first-timers coordinator at last year's event.

welcome to the club!!!!!

:welcome:
North Carolina AAD
COG, VROC, VBA, IBA, USCA and other TLAs
05 C10, 94 C10, 06 Nomad, 15 CB
https://www.bikepics.com/members/ncdave/

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 05:16:44 pm »
Welcome Brian!
2014 C-14

Offline Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director
  • Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9932
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 03:48:21 am »
Hey Brian welcome in. Got your PM and will respond shortly. out of town this weekend but I'll shoot you over a message, Great folks in the CO area, Won't mention the bruces!
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby.

Offline notsluggo

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 10187
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 03:41:40 pm »
....Won't mention the bruces!
Hey, hey, hey now!  Don't be bad-mouthing the Bruces.  Bad things can (and allegedly have) happen(ed) to your grip heater switch....
Ride safe(r).
- notsluggo
2011 Concours 14 - The Silver Bullet!
2014 KLR650 - Kelly
Parker, CO

Offline Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director
  • Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9932
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 11:18:05 pm »
....Won't mention the bruces!
Hey, hey, hey now!  Don't be bad-mouthing the Bruces.  Bad things can (and allegedly have) happen(ed) to your grip heater switch....
Dangit. I forgot rule #2.
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby.