Author Topic: Hello  (Read 876 times)

Offline PTrider

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Hello
« on: May 26, 2019, 12:20:11 am »
I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself to the group and say hello.

A little bit about myself. I have been riding motorcycles for over 30 years.  I started out on sport bikes and after a few years of street riding I got into doing track days. I continued to ride on the street and do track days for about 15 years.  Thankfully I never got hurt at the track, buy after I came to a stop following my last low side, I decided that it was time to call it quits from the track and remember how "fast I used to be" (not really) than try to keep up with the young guys who were really fast (I never could anyway). I still have my leathers and I threaten to wear them from time to time on the Concours for grins, but my wife just smiles at me and shakes her head. My street gear will have to suffice I guess. I got my first Concours in 2008 when I decided that I was tired of wadding myself up on a sport bike and going for a ride.  That was one of the best decisions of my motorcycling career. What I found out was that I could have comfort, power, and great handling without having to compromise. When I first got it I went over to show it to one of my riding buddies.  He proceeded to laugh at me and ask why did I buy a "pop-pop" bike. I told him not to judge a book by its cover, that its really a big sport bike in disguise. He didn't believe me until we went for a ride, we switched bikes, and he wound up buying his own Concours a few months later. I guess the laugh is on him. I kept my 2008 for 10 years and 55,000 miles, and a lot of great memories. My wife is a great riding partner, and my friend(and his wife) mentioned above still have their 2008 and we ride together regularly  to this day.

That brings me up to this year.  A friend had been interested in buying my 2008 Concours for a few years and things worked out this spring for me to sell him my 08 and for me to purchase a new left over 2018 Concours 14 ABS. I am very happy with the 2018, and I like the changes and up dates that have happened over the past model years.

I have been to a few rides and rallies in the past, and I look forward to getting out to more in the future.  I enjoy meeting fellow motorcycle enthusiasts, especially fellow Concours riders. I have been a lurker on this forum on and off for a while, and I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge contained on these pages.  I hope to be able to share some stories and maybe even offer some help if I can to repay the help that I have received over the years from the knowledgeable members of this forum.

Safe travels to everyone.

Kirk

Offline Road Runner

• Street Cruiser
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
    • 2 Hearts for Integrity Ministries
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12399
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 01:08:02 am »
 :welcome: PTrider. Enjoy that new ride; know you will !
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"

Offline funsize

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 9297A
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 08:10:47 am »
Welcome.  Congratulations on getting a newer  bike.  You'll enjoy it very much.

Irene

Offline ZXtasy

• Street Cruiser
  • It rides the bike or it gets the lotion!
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12569
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 11:27:40 am »
Yeah welcome. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy it more after the flash of your choice. I have been riding for 43 years and it is the best 300 I have ever spent as far as machine improvements go.
2013 ZG-1400, 2005 ZX-10R (Nekkid), 2012 TW-200, 1999 TW-200....and more to come.

Offline Grasshopper

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 9961
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 01:12:08 pm »
Welcome  PTrider.