Author Topic: Hello from New England  (Read 415 times)

Offline Silas

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Hello from New England
« on: November 28, 2017, 02:29:20 pm »
Greetings from SE Massachusetts!

I have been dropping in periodically, lurking around since I acquired a new to me C14 last spring, and just got around to joining the forum.

I am riding a 2012 in what one of my riding buddies refers to as "UPS Brown". It followed me home with just 3500 miles on the clock and now with almost 14000 I can say "I love this bike!". I have added a few things to make it a little more rider friendly including bar risers, a V-Stream windscreen, a Sargent seat, Gripster tank pads, and Canyon cages front and rear, after a no speed drop (better late than never). I am here now to gain a little intel on what seems like the group agrees is the only ECU flash to get that will improve performance and rideability, making a great bike near perfect. Great to be here and look for my many newbie questions regarding this next modification!

Silas

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
Re: Hello from New England
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 03:32:51 pm »
 :welcome:

Lot's of club activity in New England, and entire northeast - especially once spring hits. Check the events list to see what may be coming up.
http://cogmc.com/events

| Steve Smith | COG #3184 | MSF/CONREP RC |

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline connie_rider

• OtP {assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 03:56:37 pm »
Welcome Silas.
Your going to like it here.

Most of us have Flashes developed by Steve Sefsick at Shoodaben Engineering.
Go here and read about 3 of them;   The "Evolution", or {the} "Enhanced Braking" Flash is what you need to consider...
NOTE: The 3rd choice is for use on a bike with a full Area P Exhaust system. {and I know your bike doesn't have one}
      https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/concours1400

Read those description's and see which fits you best.
                        Then jump on one!  Either way you go,,, you won't be disappointed!

Ride safe, Ted

Update: My oops guys. I thought the Enhanced Braking Flash was new... {blush}
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:16:41 pm by connie_rider »
14 Connie (Traveler II)
03 Connie (Buddy)

To contribute to "OtP", (Chg. Card or paypal)  Click Here
(For Paypal) send to treasurer@cog-online.org

Offline Greg Habel

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 7010
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 10:44:37 pm »

I have been dropping in periodically, lurking around since I acquired a new to me C14 last spring, and just got around to joining the forum.

I am riding a 2012 in what one of my riding buddies refers to as "UPS Brown". It followed me home with just 3500 miles on the clock and now with almost 14000 I can say "I love this bike!". I have added a few things to make it a little more rider friendly including bar risers, a V-Stream windscreen, a Sargent seat, Gripster tank pads, and Canyon cages front and rear, after a no speed drop (better late than never). I am here now to gain a little intel on what seems like the group agrees is the only ECU flash to get that will improve performance and rideability, making a great bike near perfect. Great to be here and look for my many newbie questions regarding this next modification!

Silas

Hi Silas,
My wife and I are the Assistant Area Directors for MA/ME/NH/VT.   We live in Hopedale, MA (anywhere near you?).   We will be planning a social for Jan/Feb in the area, then rides etc to be added in Jan for the year.   We also have a Tech Session on Sat April 28th out in Monson, MA.  Details on the calendar.   
Greg H from Mass -  MA/ME/NH/VT co-AAD 2012+ with wife Tracey
COG# 7010,a Tracey  CDA 120 (3.0)  99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle"

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 11:53:10 pm »
Welcome Silas. I'm the SE AD and you're welcome to come ride down here, too. (It was WARM here today...).. ;)

Ron
2014 C-14

Offline connie_rider

• OtP {assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 04:19:57 pm »
Silas, don't let those 2 deter you.
    The rest of us are pretty good folks!!    :)
        "Come ride with us"!!

78* here today...........  :nananana:

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II)
03 Connie (Buddy)

To contribute to "OtP", (Chg. Card or paypal)  Click Here
(For Paypal) send to treasurer@cog-online.org

Offline Runner

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 12660
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 08:50:26 pm »
Hi, Silas and welcome! I'm a relative newbie to the board and to Concourses, and find (as I suspect you already have) a great deal of hints, kinks (?), wisdom and support here. Enjoy your relatively warm weather, it's about to change!  :)

Ed

Offline Rod

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 11095
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 12:12:12 am »
 Silas welcome congrats on your c14. :great: :motonoises: :beerchug:

Offline Road Runner

• Bicycle
  • Beep! Beep! ... yeeHa!
    • 2 Hearts for Integrity Ministries
  • COG#: 12399
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 02:49:26 am »

Silas

Yes, welcome to the COG Silas !
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"