Author Topic: new member  (Read 540 times)

Offline James

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12643
  • Membership Level: Active
« on: August 30, 2017, 02:46:05 pm »
Hi I'm James,
New member here. I live in the Asheville, Hendersonville area of North Carolina. Previously owned an 06 Suzuki DL1000 and have toured most of the Western NC, nothern GA/SC and eastern TN areas. I now have a 2012 C14 that is amazing, but not as nimble as the V-Strom. I am a retired Warrant Officer from the Army, ended my career as an SIP flying the AH-64 Apache. Amazing aircraft.
I have been owned and been working on motorcycles since I was 18.
Some I have owned.
74 Yamaha TS 250
75 Honda 550
79 Yamaha 490TT
79 Suzuki GS 1000E
81 Suzuki 550
85 Honda 750 custom
05 Honda rm250
05 Suzuki dr650
06 DL 1000
12 Kawasaki C14
Love to ride, Looking for riders in the local or not so local are to ride with, give me a shout. I'm retired so yes I can go most times.

Offline Ranger Jim

• Iron Butt
  • COG#: 6720
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 02:56:01 pm »
Welcome!  Dave Scott (Sport Rider) is your local Assistant Area Director. We got our biggest regional rally (Run With the Wolf) coming up next month in Suches, GA. If you can make it, it's a great way to meet a bunch of Southeast COG members!  Rally HQ will be at Two Wheels of Suches. It's a campground for motorcycles only. Check the calendar or here on the forum for more info.
JIM CULP
OtP Jr. Slave Laborer (Safety)

No one is a TOTAL failure; they can always be used as a bad example.

Offline Sport Rider

• Two wheel addict!
  • I Need a Life
  • 100,000 or Bust!
    • BikePics Site
  • COG#: 8603
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 04:05:30 pm »
Welcome!  look for my email blast to north carolina members the first of each month.  we have a monthly RTE/get-together, but it's in Asheboro and might be a bit long of a ride for you to join us.  if you want to dip your toe in the waters of attending rallies, there are two of them coming up that will be close to you.  first is Run With The Wolf as Jim mentioned, which is September 7-10 in Suches GA.  the other is at Hungry Mother state park in western VA.  it's September 21-24 if I remember correctly.  Check the events view at the top right of the page to confirm dates.

Look forward to meeting sometime!

Dave
North Carolina AAD
COG, VROC, VBA, IBA, USCA and other TLAs
05 C10, 94 C10, 06 Nomad, 15 CB
https://www.bikepics.com/members/ncdave/

Online ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 04:46:54 pm »
Welcome James! Watch for all the events in your area. You're in a great place and have COG'gers all around.(Oops-hope that's not a deal breaker... :)) )
I'm Ron Simmons SE AD and I'm in NE GA. Hope to see you soon.

Ron
2014 C-14