Author Topic: New Member and Owner of a 2008 C14 from Eastern LongIsland, NY.  (Read 1021 times)

Offline A-train

• Motorcycle Enthusiast
  • Tricycle
  • Old enough to know better, yet still do it anyway.
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Greetings all!

This weekend i finalize the sale of a beyond mint condition 2008 C14 ABS (Neutron Silver) with just over 1000 miles on it from a trusted friend of the family. Though, admittedly i was jonesing to pick up a brand new '12 in Arabian Red, or at least a '10 in Neptune Blue (my favoritest colour), The '08 fell into my lap with a deal that could not be passed on. I look forward to many many miles and many years of riding, I've done several rides that i believe would have qualified me for IRONBUTT, but i failed to document them at the time. I think the Connie will take me there just fine though.

A little about myself, I own a '00 BMW k1200lt, and though i love the bike to pieces, i've desperately tried to pretend that it was just a sport bike with a weight problem, Grinding the pegs on either side while doing the BlueRidge Parkway, keeping up with my Brother on his Ducati ST4S. I'm a damn ballerina on the bike. However, the times the are a changing, and its about time I step up my game a little. Hence, the C14. and the BMW will go to my brother, who's looking into getting a commuter/touring bike.

I'm a fairly young guy as well, and though i could give a rats a** what anyone's opinions are, having an attractive young woman call my Bimmer a 'grandpa bike' did sting a little.

I've been lurking around for a few weeks now, checking out some ideas for add-ons. though i don't plan on going too overboard just yet, I intend to enjoy the bike as it is for the time being. Lucky for me, the Original Owner installed heated grips (a very nice feature i've come to love), Touring Screen, Bar Risers, magnetic drainplug and throttle lock. Which leaves me to a very short add-on wish list, simply, Hyperlights, Scorpio i900 Alarm, and the Triple Stem Nut / Ram Mount for my Garmin 650 Zumo.

Glad to be around! hope ya'll will have me!

^-^
100 Miles to Breakfast...

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
Re: New Member and Owner of a 2008 C14 from Eastern LongIsland, NY.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 01:07:59 am »
 :welcome:

Be sure to check out the COG Northeast Area activities and join us sometime.
| Steve Smith | COG #3184 | MSF/CONREP RC |

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline ChipDoc

• Sport Tourer
  • Work to ride - Ride to work!
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9934
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 01:48:07 am »
Congratulations on finding a great deal on such a sweet bike, A-Train!  You're going to have a lot of great miles together.  Hope to meet you on the road sometime!

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • COG#: 7134
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 07:54:19 am »
Welcome and congrats on the almost new and still new to you C14.    ^-^

Offline tonywaters

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 9232
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 11:50:52 am »
Welcome. Nice deal on the well farkelled 08. I have the same model and enjoy it so much my wife refers to it as my metal mistress. Give thought to joining COG, it's a good organization with great people.
Tony Waters
CDA#0396
AMA, AOPA, BMWCCA, COG, NRA, SOTLOTP

Offline Mike

• Street Cruiser
  • Re-cycled ;)
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 9694
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 02:18:23 pm »
 ^-^ ;D
Old Dude
AMA#2749878
CMA#99113
1991(Chunk),but,it runs!
1992 KLR650(The Fairy)

Offline Bushwick FJR

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 10526
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 02:57:11 am »
 ^-^ welcome to the group! Im out in Suffolk almost daily. Wish it wasn't so flat  :'( enjoy the new ride, see ya down the road.
IBA# 53755

Offline JeffP

• Jeff In NC
  • Scooter
  • COG#: 10856
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 02:22:30 pm »
Welcome to the group! I too am a new owner of a 2008. Mine had a few thousand more miles on it that yours...7100. Picked mine up back in mid-March. Already tacked on 2500 miles.
2008 Neutron Silver C14
2007 Honda CRF250R

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9735
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 08:11:19 pm »
 ^-^
BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...

Offline A-train

• Motorcycle Enthusiast
  • Tricycle
  • Old enough to know better, yet still do it anyway.
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 11:46:32 pm »
Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

JeffP, Congrats as well! I was planning a NY->KeyWest trip this november on my BMW, looks like i'll be doing it on the Connie if i can find the time. also obligatory Nuetron Silver is fastest silver.

Bushwickklr: Yeah its a buzz kill Suffolk is so flat, though there are a few 'okay' roads in the back woods of manorville and calverton, and the  long scenic ride down Sound Ave is nice once you get east of the William Floyd Parkway.

tonywaters, I will certainly consider it soon. let me get settled with my new beauty first, but i'll definitely consider.

S Smith, If i have the time off to do so, i'll happily join in on some of your reindeer games. With my Father Retired and in Florida, Brother living out of state and my last motorcycling buddy gone as well, I'm without likeminded folks to chat with, Hence the joining of this Forum and sometime soon Organization. Never had much luck finding decent folk at the Hooligan meetups at the Hess Station and the Old Boys Chopper Club at the 7-11, just looking for something different then typical.

100 Miles to Breakfast...