Author Topic: New member from Canada  (Read 774 times)

Offline Cruncher

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
New member from Canada
« on: May 09, 2017, 09:46:15 am »
Hello. I just acquired a 1999 Concours a week ago. I also have a 1994 ZX-7 which I rode as often as I could, but recently, I was finding that my neck and shoulders were hurting. That prompted me to get the Concours. I have only ridden it twice due to the amount of rain and flooding that we have had here recently. Sucks.

Offline Ram

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Southeast Area
Re: New member from Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 10:26:21 am »
Welcome to the forum from Georgia, USA. I am a new joiner to the forum myself. I can relate to you as I lived in Mississauga, Ontario for couple of years. Hope the weather gets better!
08 Concours 14 - Shakti
07 Boulevard C90 - Sold, 06 Katana 600 - Sold, 06 V Star 650 - Sold, 96 Royal Enfield - Gone, 95 Yezdi Roadking - Gone

Offline Jerdurr

• Road Bike
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 12:33:06 pm »
Hello. I just acquired a 1999 Concours a week ago. I also have a 1994 ZX-7 which I rode as often as I could, but recently, I was finding that my neck and shoulders were hurting. That prompted me to get the Concours. I have only ridden it twice due to the amount of rain and flooding that we have had here recently. Sucks.
Hey Cruncher! where in Canada are you? I live in Richmond Hill (GTA), and looking for fellow 'coggers' to go riding. I have a 2012 connie.

Welcome to the forum!
JD
Best,

JD

--Harley Davidson is king when it comes to turning gas into smoke, without the outcome of power--

Offline connie_rider

• OtP {assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 01:45:51 pm »
Welcome Cruncher.
   Your gonna like it here!

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II)
03 Connie (Buddy)

To contribute to "OtP", (Chg. Card or paypal)  Click Here
(For Paypal) send to treasurer@cog-online.org

Offline Cruncher

• Tricycle
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 02:59:47 pm »
Hey Cruncher! where in Canada are you? I live in Richmond Hill (GTA), and looking for fellow 'coggers' to go riding. I have a 2012 connie.

Welcome to the forum!
JD

Ottawa!

Offline Classvino

• Lifelong Kawi Rider
  • Road Bike
  • Smells wrong... Oh, it's a 4-stroke...
  • COG#: 11233
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 07:04:56 pm »
Cruncher;

Look up Derek Pugh - he's in Ottawa and is the new AAD for that area.  He's already organized a couple of meets in Manotick, at the Red Dot Cafe...  He's in the COG directory.

There's another AAD from Prescott/Cardinal that knows the roads of Eastern Ontario very well - leads an excellent ride - lookup Sailor Rich on the forum.

There's also a Maintenance session on June 3rd in the Belleville/Trenton area - just a ride away.

Jamie (In Belleville/Kingston area)

Offline SteveJ.

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 5603
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 07:37:27 pm »
Welcome aboard. Sailor Rich and Canadian Steve and I think some others live in that neck of the woods and they do stuff.  Shoot 'em a PM.
Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SiSF)
Steve J  Tavares, FL, one of the Floriduh Steves
'15 Versys650LT, '98 KLR650, (back home), '99 C-10, 234k miles sold
IBA 19221

Offline Claude aka MotorcycleClaude

• Mini Bike
  • COG#: 9011
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 07:56:52 pm »
Welcome to COG! I'm near Halifax Nova Scotia

Offline Classvino

• Lifelong Kawi Rider
  • Road Bike
  • Smells wrong... Oh, it's a 4-stroke...
  • COG#: 11233
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 12:54:10 pm »
I'm amazed at the size of NECOG - Ontario,Quebec and the Maritime provinces - on top of all the US states in the area...  (sorry - bit of a Canadian bias here, I guess)

NE area has members in Windsor, ON and in Halifax, NS - that's over 2800 kilometers apart - 1740 miles...   Granted - there's a lot of 'empty' space along the route, population-wise -  but geographically, it's huge...

I know Canada is big, but I never got used to the fact (when I was a new rider) that visiting family in Winnipeg - the next province over - was the same distance that going to Bike week in Ft Lauderdale was - a "whole country" away.

Still 'amused' that many of you think nothing of travelling to events a few states away - travelling a few provinces away is a major undertaking here.

Jamie

(Though as I get older, the apparent size seems to be shrinking...   :beerchug: )

Offline Sailor Rich

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 9318
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 09:12:49 pm »
Hi Allan, welcome, I get out on some rides your way heading to Cumberland over the Masson ferry up into Quebec up to Mont-Laurier and Mont-Tremblant.  Great roads. I'll contact Derek and put you on our mail list.

Hope you and the fam are doing well Jamie.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:19:41 pm by Sailor Rich »