Author Topic: New member from Canada  (Read 976 times)

Offline Cruncher

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
New member from Canada
« on: May 09, 2017, 09:46:15 am »
Hello. I just acquired a 1999 Concours a week ago. I also have a 1994 ZX-7 which I rode as often as I could, but recently, I was finding that my neck and shoulders were hurting. That prompted me to get the Concours. I have only ridden it twice due to the amount of rain and flooding that we have had here recently. Sucks.

Offline Ram

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Southeast Area
Re: New member from Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 10:26:21 am »
Welcome to the forum from Georgia, USA. I am a new joiner to the forum myself. I can relate to you as I lived in Mississauga, Ontario for couple of years. Hope the weather gets better!
08 Concours 14 - Shakti
07 Boulevard C90 - Sold, 06 Katana 600 - Sold, 06 V Star 650 - Sold, 96 Royal Enfield - Gone, 95 Yezdi Roadking - Gone

Offline Jerdurr

• Road Bike
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 12:33:06 pm »
Hello. I just acquired a 1999 Concours a week ago. I also have a 1994 ZX-7 which I rode as often as I could, but recently, I was finding that my neck and shoulders were hurting. That prompted me to get the Concours. I have only ridden it twice due to the amount of rain and flooding that we have had here recently. Sucks.
Hey Cruncher! where in Canada are you? I live in Richmond Hill (GTA), and looking for fellow 'coggers' to go riding. I have a 2012 connie.

Welcome to the forum!
JD
Best,

JD

--Harley Davidson is king when it comes to turning gas into smoke, without the outcome of power--

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 01:45:51 pm »
Welcome Cruncher.
   Your gonna like it here!

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 00 and 86 Connie's

To contribute to "OtP", DO IT NOW!!
It's EZ: Go to the top of the Forum and follow the steps.

Offline Cruncher

• Tricycle
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 02:59:47 pm »
Hey Cruncher! where in Canada are you? I live in Richmond Hill (GTA), and looking for fellow 'coggers' to go riding. I have a 2012 connie.

Welcome to the forum!
JD

Ottawa!

Offline Classvino

• Lifelong Kawi Rider
  • Road Bike
  • Smells wrong... Oh, it's a 4-stroke...
  • COG#: 11233
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 07:04:56 pm »
Cruncher;

Look up Derek Pugh - he's in Ottawa and is the new AAD for that area.  He's already organized a couple of meets in Manotick, at the Red Dot Cafe...  He's in the COG directory.

There's another AAD from Prescott/Cardinal that knows the roads of Eastern Ontario very well - leads an excellent ride - lookup Sailor Rich on the forum.

There's also a Maintenance session on June 3rd in the Belleville/Trenton area - just a ride away.

Jamie (In Belleville/Kingston area)

Offline SteveJ.

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 5603
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 07:37:27 pm »
Welcome aboard. Sailor Rich and Canadian Steve and I think some others live in that neck of the woods and they do stuff.  Shoot 'em a PM.
Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SiSF)
Steve J  Tavares, FL, one of the Floriduh Steves
'15 Versys650LT, '98 KLR650, (back home), '99 C-10, 234k miles sold
IBA 19221

Offline Claude aka MotorcycleClaude

• Mini Bike
  • COG#: 9011
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 07:56:52 pm »
Welcome to COG! I'm near Halifax Nova Scotia

Offline Classvino

• Lifelong Kawi Rider
  • Road Bike
  • Smells wrong... Oh, it's a 4-stroke...
  • COG#: 11233
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 12:54:10 pm »
I'm amazed at the size of NECOG - Ontario,Quebec and the Maritime provinces - on top of all the US states in the area...  (sorry - bit of a Canadian bias here, I guess)

NE area has members in Windsor, ON and in Halifax, NS - that's over 2800 kilometers apart - 1740 miles...   Granted - there's a lot of 'empty' space along the route, population-wise -  but geographically, it's huge...

I know Canada is big, but I never got used to the fact (when I was a new rider) that visiting family in Winnipeg - the next province over - was the same distance that going to Bike week in Ft Lauderdale was - a "whole country" away.

Still 'amused' that many of you think nothing of travelling to events a few states away - travelling a few provinces away is a major undertaking here.

Jamie

(Though as I get older, the apparent size seems to be shrinking...   :beerchug: )

Offline Sailor Rich

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 9318
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 09:12:49 pm »
Hi Allan, welcome, I get out on some rides your way heading to Cumberland over the Masson ferry up into Quebec up to Mont-Laurier and Mont-Tremblant.  Great roads. I'll contact Derek and put you on our mail list.

Hope you and the fam are doing well Jamie.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:19:41 pm by Sailor Rich »