Author Topic: New member introduction  (Read 479 times)

Offline Rideezdale

• Rideezdale
  • Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12728
  • Membership Level: Active
New member introduction
« on: January 28, 2018, 10:21:22 pm »
 Hello fellow coggers,  After spending the past few months reading a bunch of posts on this site I decided to join the group.
    I purchased a 2000 c10 last May and then started checking out information in this forum. I probably should have done it in reverse order because I quickly realized what SISF posted about  "you bought an old bike and it needs maintenance" was true. I learned quickly to trust and believe everything SISF says.
     I considered selling the c10 and maybe looking for a BMW r1200rt or a fjr or a c14 but realized for what my budget would allow I would still have an older bike and more cost $$$. So through all my research I have decided to keep the RED concours and give it the attention it needs because I really do like the bike and want to put many enjoyable miles on her. 
So with the abundance of information and help this group offers and with *you tube* and the old clymers manual and SISF. lol.  I have developed a plan of action. First is to get the garage organized and ready for the revitalization of the RED c10. Then, first on the list is a carb removal so they can be sent to SISF. I had a local mechanic clean them last July but that only lasted about 2 months, I have learned a lot here as to why it lasted such a short period of time. While the carbs are away some of the things on my list are valve adjustment, check air box for split, new coolant hoses, new thermostat, new o rings for coolant logs, new brake lines, new throttle cables, new fluids and possibly installing block off plates.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some but this will keep me busy for awhile. lol. I am not the most mechanically inclined person so all patience and encouragement is appreciated.
     The longevity of this bike and this group is amazing. I look forward to this journey and hope to meet up with some you in the future! Safe riding!

Dale in cold Nebraska, God Bless!
1973 Yamaha YZ80, 1977 Suzuki GS400, 1978 Suzuki GS1000E, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 1984 Yamaha Venture,  1987 Yamaha Venture, 1989 Yamaha FJ1200, 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Nomad, 2000 Kawasaki concours

Offline MichiGlenn

• Road Bike
  • "Wherever you are, be all there" Jim Elliot
  • COG#: 10892
Re: New member introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 12:09:44 am »
Welcome to COG! I hope you have a great time revitalizing your Concours!
2001 C-10
1977 Honda CB750K Sold
1978 Honda CB750K Long Gone
1972 Honda CL175 Ancient History
Heald Super Tryke 8hp, Wards T555 Trike

Offline Road Runner

• Scooter
  • Beep! Beep! ... yeeHa!
    • 2 Hearts for Integrity Ministries
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12399
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 12:20:32 am »
Hello fellow coggers,  After spending the past few months reading a bunch of posts on this site I decided to join the group.
    I purchased a 2000 c10 last May and then started checking out information in this forum. I probably should have done it in reverse order because I quickly realized what SISF posted about  "you bought an old bike and it needs maintenance" was true. I learned quickly to trust and believe everything SISF says.
     I considered selling the c10 and maybe looking for a BMW r1200rt or a fjr or a c14 but realized for what my budget would allow I would still have an older bike and more cost $$$. So through all my research I have decided to keep the RED concours and give it the attention it needs because I really do like the bike and want to put many enjoyable miles on her. 
So with the abundance of information and help this group offers and with *you tube* and the old clymers manual and SISF. lol.  I have developed a plan of action. First is to get the garage organized and ready for the revitalization of the RED c10. Then, first on the list is a carb removal so they can be sent to SISF. I had a local mechanic clean them last July but that only lasted about 2 months, I have learned a lot here as to why it lasted such a short period of time. While the carbs are away some of the things on my list are valve adjustment, check air box for split, new coolant hoses, new thermostat, new o rings for coolant logs, new brake lines, new throttle cables, new fluids and possibly installing block off plates.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some but this will keep me busy for awhile. lol. I am not the most mechanically inclined person so all patience and encouragement is appreciated.
     The longevity of this bike and this group is amazing. I look forward to this journey and hope to meet up with some you in the future! Safe riding!

Dale in cold Nebraska, God Bless!

Welcome to the COG Scott !. Awesome ride and group ...

God bless you too!
David
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 01:03:13 am »
 :welcome:
| Steve Smith | COG #3184 | MSF/CONREP RC |

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline Shoost

• Big Wheels
  • COG#: 12694
Greetings COG Nation!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 01:53:57 am »
Greetings COG Nation, I'm finally back!! I had previously owned a 2006, went by silverstreak. In the St Louis area, so if there are still Coggers in this area, give me a shout.  Bought a real fine, used, low miles 2013 in my favorite color, blue. It is so wonderful to be back in the saddle again.  Whoh, a machine this is.  It is so smooth and so well balanced, amazing.  The power is incredible,...1400cc prob is a little overkill, but I love every cc of it. Nothing like a big bore Kaw. The Previous owner was an Iron Butt rider, so it came with a boatload of accessories---haven't had to add anything, but a throttlemeister cruise control.  I have a lot of catching up to do online.  Man, our site has done a huge leap forward in technology---impressive.  Looking forward to talking and meeting some of you in the future---Godspeed!
 :1rij:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 01:59:05 am by Shoost »

Offline Rob9876

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 02:10:16 am »
Welcome to the forums!

Offline MizzouMike

• Crotch Rocket
  • "I'm like a rain magnet"
  • COG#: 8862
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 01:01:14 pm »
Welcome.  There used to be a group that would meet up for breakfast around Omaha once a month.  I didn't see it on the NC Calendar, but it might be in the newsletter. 
2014 BMW R1200GS
2013 HD Ultra Classic "Queen B"
AMA, COG, IBA

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 03:53:27 pm »
Welcome Scott, and Shoost.

Scot, enjoy tinkering with your C-10.
But, please don't say to many nice things about SISF. 
       Makes his head swell up... <evil grin>   :rotflmao:

Shoost, congrats on the C-14.
   What farkles are on it?

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again, DO IT NOW!!