Author Topic: New owner, new bike, Lincoln, Nebraska. The Bandit has been retired  (Read 440 times)

Offline asguthrie

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself quick.  I've been lurking a little and spent a fair amount of time on the Maximum Suzuki forum when the Bandit was newer to me and I had more spare time on my hands.   :)   

Coming fresh off of a 2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S that I'd put about 40k miles on, I've known for awhile that that Concours was my next bike, kind of just a matter of when... this year it worked out.  I picked up a new-leftover, silver, 2016 Concours in Illinois last week -- and have a whopping 190 miles on the clock to date -- taking it nice and easy on break-in. WILL POWER!  The Bandit sold the day after I brought the Concours home, so worked out well.

Like my last bike, I'm planning to have this one for years and looking forward to a fresh season of riding.  This one's an upgrade in so many ways, but the extra weight I'm getting used to.  Already put on a radiator guard and fender extender from ProjektD; the Omni-Cruise arrived today.  Considering a Laminar Lip at some point, but probably about it for awhile. 

I think my only question so far is the initial idle speed when I fire the bike up -- it just starts and idles around 1100rpm without the initial higher RPM surge I'd expect for a few seconds out of an FI bike;  the weather here hasn't been super warm, just into the 60s and low 70s this past week.  I assume it's normal.

I'm glad to be here and expect to poke around from time to time.  This looks like a fantastic forum with good quality people.

Take care!

--Aaron

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12127
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: New owner, new bike, Lincoln, Nebraska. The Bandit has been retired
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 02:11:49 am »
Congrats on the NTY bike. I have the same one, I also have a projekd guard and fender extender sittin in my living room, did you use the screws on yours, I not sure I want to screw into my fender!

Offline asguthrie

• Big Wheels
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 02:22:39 am »
No on the screws.   I just used the Goop 6000 automotive/industrial adhesive.  Same stuff I used on the old bike’s extender.  I did pull the fender off so I could micromanage and clamp it. 

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12127
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 04:06:27 am »
No on the screws.   I just used the Goop 6000 automotive/industrial adhesive.  Same stuff I used on the old bike’s extender.  I did pull the fender off so I could micromanage and clamp it.

Thank you for that info , I think I will do the same!

Offline Sport Rider

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 8603
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 11:27:45 am »
Welcome!  Look for any COG activities in your area (or beyond) and try to make it out to one or more.  Meeting us in person is even better than the forum!

good luck with the new bike and farkles.  if you want travel comfort, go with peg lowers and risers for the bars.  if you have the $, send the ECU to Shoodaben Engineering down in FL for a new map.  I have not heard a person yet that doesn't think it's the best bang for the buck in upgrades.

We love spending other people's money!   :))

:welcome:

Offline asguthrie

• Big Wheels
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 08:59:45 pm »
Welcome!  Look for any COG activities in your area (or beyond) and try to make it out to one or more.  Meeting us in person is even better than the forum!

good luck with the new bike and farkles.  if you want travel comfort, go with peg lowers and risers for the bars.  if you have the $, send the ECU to Shoodaben Engineering down in FL for a new map.  I have not heard a person yet that doesn't think it's the best bang for the buck in upgrades.

We love spending other people's money!   :))

:welcome:

I appreciate that and will watch for events near me-- you know it's Nebraska so that means "within 750 miles".     Honestly, I'm just trying to get by with the relative "have to" items.  The risers are on my radar, Laminar Lip catches my interest to quiet down the airflow, and the Shadooben upgrade sound sweet --  right now all I want to do is twist the throttle open past 4k, though.  :motonoises: This stinkin' bike is enough of an upgrade from El Bandito that everything's feeling pretty good.  So many things to like.

I'm living thankful for sure.  Good times are on the way.   :great:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:03:13 pm by asguthrie »

Offline ZXtasy

• Road Bike
  • It rides the bike or it gets the lotion!
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12569
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 10:07:04 pm »
Welcome Asguthrie! I  have been on the Max Zook forum since last August under this same handle. Customized a 2007 for a friend that is headed out of my stable next month. Have had the Connie for just a year now, yep 2 different beasts but both very fine for their purpose. Enjoy...and do the flash!
2013 ZG-1400, 2005 ZX-10R (Nekkid), 2012 TW-200, 1999 TW-200....and more to come.