Author Topic: new to me 2010  (Read 305 times)

Offline JimH_PA

• Scooter
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
new to me 2010
« on: July 30, 2014, 10:08:54 pm »
Figured I would make the intro official.  Today I got my tags done and title work.....couldn't get home fast enough to put tag on the bike and take it for an actual ride instead of the few miles I did at Bryans house.  I did a little putt around my house (in the country) and decided to take it down to a local MC shop and get it inspected.  To my surprise the Angel Gt's that had less then 5K
on them barely passed!  WOW.  Will be looking at options in the next few months.
   My observations so far:
handles great, unreal power great looking, wind protection is great (remember I am coming from a 1994 Vmax 17 years)!

I am a little unsure on the seating position.  Might end up getting the risers to get the bar a bit closer and higher.  A friend mentioned a way to lower the backend that will bring the bars up????? Did not follow what he meant.  Got a lot of "nice bike"
while at the shop.  Did about 50 miles then had to get home to cut grass!  LOL

Forgot to ask,  I tried the econ mode for a few miles and the econ wording lit up.....then after inspection when I started it it did not light up....does it start out each time in regular mode, and if you want eco you hit it?
  I noticed that right next to the average mileage it says eco as well?????  Saw about 46mpgs and that was playing a little.  Pulled nicely up a large incline (Blue Mountain Ski area) in 5th doing 55 no problems!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:12:52 pm by JimH_PA »
Jim 2010 (fastest color)Concours ABS
94 Vmax Had for 17 years!
CX 650C,V45 Magna,CX 500C,KZ1000
GPZ550  1982 before they were Ninja's

Offline Zarticus

• Crotch Rocket
  • Fanboy, Sludge wearer, Proud Rotella user !
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 10785
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: new to me 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 03:58:46 am »
Eco mode shuts off everytime you turn the bike off.  :beerchug:
2012 Kawasaki Concours, Arabian Red
1986 Honda V65 Magna, Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna, Black
1983 Honda V45 Sabre, Red