Author Topic: Starting with a question  (Read 401 times)

Offline Alberta Bill

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Starting with a question
« on: October 15, 2013, 10:43:47 pm »
I just joined a few days ago; bought a 2009 Connie last Saturday and love it so far. Have any of you put on highway pegs? I've averaged about 25k Km. a year on my VTX 1300 for the past seven years (over 180 k km. on that bike without a problem). I'm exited about taking the Connied on long rides, but I'm wondering about comfort over 12-15 hour days.  The highway pegs on my cruiser make a big difference. Is it worth putting them on the Concourse? The ones I've seen online so far don't impress me, but I'm listening for a voice of experience here.
I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes. (Romans 1:16)

Offline Roger M.

• Crotch Rocket
    • www.ratcycles.com
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 8867
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Starting with a question
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 10:50:32 pm »
Yes, canyon cages with highway pegs!! Don't have pics of mine installed but if you look it up, you'll find a pic on here or even on google. Mine have made a HUGE difference.  :great:

AMA#2993745

Now servicing all bikes. www.ratcycles.com

Offline Broll

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Southeast Area
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 11:22:05 pm »
My highway pegs change the riding position to remove some of the strain off my wrists and keep my crotch off the gas tank. Which results in a much more comfortable ride.
'86 +other year parts Connie

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 07:10:02 am »
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the C14. There is a listing on hi-way pegs in the farkle vendor directory (in the C14 accessories section). But asking for opinions is a pretty good idea. Again welcome to the forum.

Note to add: Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but just to point out, there's actually no "e" in Concours. A lot of folks do not realize that at first. And spell check will get us every time.  ;D 

Offline Alberta Bill

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northwest Area
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 12:19:22 pm »
Thanks for the tips--big help, including spelling tip   :)
I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes. (Romans 1:16)