Author Topic: Welcome from Ivan's Performance !!  (Read 914 times)

Offline Ivan_ipp

• Ivan's Performance Products / C14 Flash
  • Industry Member
  • Tricycle
    • Ivans Performance Products
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12710
  • Membership Level: Active
Welcome from Ivan's Performance !!
« on: December 22, 2017, 01:01:57 pm »
Hi Guys,

Many of you may know me, or already be (been) a customer previously…  :beerchug:
I’ve been around for quite a long time. Some of you may have read about my products in the magazines years ago.. here's a couple that come to mind from the ancient past.

https://www.sportrider.com/2006-suzuki-gsx-r1000-giggle-machine-project-bike

https://www.sportrider.com/yamaha-fz1-upgrades-fz1-flyer-this-old-bike#page-12
My website is my life’s work… and I’m not going to bore everyone with a self-indulgent history lesson. :sleepy:

Being new in this community I would like to humbly ask for your consideration when choosing an ECU flash for your Concours 14 / GTR1400

We have completely reverse engineered all years and markets of Concours 14/GTR1400 ECU’s so that we can understand how they work in regards to engine control and performance and also to understand what improvements the manufacturer has made to this bike during is history. All engine control tables and correction tables have been identified and tested in my software. There are over 500 of them.

After C14 file preparation (which took nearly a year), I purchased a brand new 2017 C14 for the sole purpose of tuning it, and offering this product.
(just like any other bike that I offer a tuning program for) 
This is a very sizable $$$$ and time investment into your market and shouldn’t be taken lightly as just another offering, because it isn’t.

All of my software definitions are discovered and defined “in house” .   :great:
This means that we have complete control of our software and definitions
(tuning tables and correction tables) for all the bikes that I tune.
Commercially available software does not offer this. It only offers very limited and basic access, which is why I choose to have my own, and do a much better job for my customers.
Being truly innovative and in the front has always been my forte throughout my years in business.

All my programming has been developed using extensive dyno and on-the-road logging, with the latest, state of the art log viewing and analyzing equipment and software.

What this means for you as a potential customer is the smoothest, efficient, powerful, and most of all, fun-to-ride experience possible for your C14.
Every driveability issue, performance inhibitor, and limiter has been addressed at it’s root cause.  :great:

What I’m offering to you is my many years of specialized motorcycle engine tuning experience for the public, coupled together with the most sophisticated, detailed software ever created for the C14. This combination allows me to provide you with an end result and riding experience that cannot be duplicated with any other method. 
This method guarantees you the very best result possible that cannot be reproduced any other way. This has been my philosophy since my entrance to the ECU tuning business 7 years ago.

I have outlined all the important features, differences, and tuning changes on my website for this bike, and I encourage anyone who is considering an ECU tuning program (ECU flash) to think carefully about what they are actually purchasing, and what the programming is actually adjusting, or capable of adjusting.

Reading some of the testimonials and reviews on my website and facebook page will offer you some feedback to help you make a  decision that's best for you.

It’s your money, so please make an informed, educated decision about your bike… read slowly and follow the links and enjoy.

http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/ZG1400.htm

http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/ZG1400_2.htm

http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/c14ecuprogramminginfo.htm

http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/testimonials.htm

http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/ecu.htm

Most of your questions can be answered from my web pages, but I know that some of you don’t relate well to engine tech so… if anyone has questions, please feel free to private message me here on this board, or call on the phone and speak with me in person at my shop. I’m happy to speak with you in person and help you.  :great:

If you message me, please include your real first name.  :great:

If any of the management wishes to speak with me about community contributions, feel free to contact me as well.   :beerchug:

Welcome to my section here, and thanks for reading,   :great:

Ivan

Ivan’s Performance Products
845-268-1212

Offline gPink

• Iron Butt
  • MMVIII C XIV
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 9403
Re: Welcome from Ivan's Performance !!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 01:12:14 pm »
Ivan, welcome to COG and thanks for supporting the bike and becoming an Industry Member.

Offline ZXtasy

• Scooter
  • It rides the bike or it gets the lotion!
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12569
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 04:17:54 pm »
Hey Ivan. Thanks for reaching out to his forum. I just weeks ago had my ECU flashed by the reputable SISF and am very pleased, but most Americans like to have options and feel a little competition is good. I still have fond memories of our phone conversations and the help and products you provided me back over a decade and more on performance upgrades to my '00 ZX-9R and my still enjoyed '05-ZX-10R.

Ben
2013 ZG-1400, 2005 ZX-10R (Nekkid), 2012 TW-200, 1999 TW-200....and more to come.

Offline Ivan_ipp

• Industry Member
  • Tricycle
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 01:40:09 am »
Thanks very much guys for your warm welcome.  :beerchug:

I remember you Ben... it's the ZX10R.  :great:
I had a ZX9R many years ago 1999 with a 1000cc piston kit that made 162 hp and 88tq.. crazy fun bike at that time.
Lots of expensive upgrades, wheels, late model brakes, Ohlins, titanium bolts, OZ wheels, Akrapovic exhaust.

Glad to see you're still enjoying riding.

Ivan

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 02:36:31 am by Ivan_ipp »

Offline khager01

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 07:46:20 pm »
Welcome Ivan, glad you joined the COG forum. Good move!  :great:  Enjoying the ECU flash that you did for me, and I can't say enough how smooth this bike runs now. :motonoises:

Also can't wait to see the results of the Area-P, and ZX14 Header with slip-ons so I can decide which way to go, as I am still running the stock exhaust, but even with the stock exhaust I really noticed a nice increase in power and torque, and it does have a little different sound for the better now, coming from the exhaust.  I have a question, on the ZX14 full Akrapovic exhaust, that you fitted, did it bolt right up, or did you have to make some mods?  And will it work with the bags on?

Competition is a good thing and it is nice to have two great options for this bike. So if anyone is considering having their ECU flashed, please give Ivan a call. 

2017 Concours 14
2012 V-Strom 650

Offline Ivan_ipp

• Industry Member
  • Tricycle
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 01:27:24 pm »
Also can't wait to see the results of the Area-P, and ZX14 Header with slip-ons so I can decide which way to go, as I am still running the stock exhaust, but even with the stock exhaust I really noticed a nice increase in power and torque, and it does have a little different sound for the better now, coming from the exhaust. 

I have a question, on the ZX14 full Akrapovic exhaust, that you fitted, did it bolt right up, or did you have to make some mods? 

And will it work with the bags on?

Thanks Kev,

Glad you're happy...

AreaP pushed their delivery date into mid January, so my results should be done sometime in February... maybe sooner.

The ZX14 stock header is ready to be tested as well... I have a pair of Delkevic mufflers and midpipes to test with that one.

I just bought a new dyno and will be setting it up next week as soon as it arrives.
http://dynojet.com/products/dynamometers/dynomodel250i/dynojet-dynamometer-250i.aspx

My old dyno will be moved over next to it until I decide whether or not I will keep it or sell it.

I've also been working for the last few weeks installing a new exhaust evac system so I can work inside my shop with the doors closed.
All of this and my Holiday sale has been keeping me from having more test results for this bike on my website.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Akrapovic is a direct bolt up except for a few minor things.
(of course there are minor issues because it isn't meant for the C14 :( )

If they would just offer a header that will bolt up to their slip-on, a lot of people would have an easy, additional option for full exhaust.

1) The small coolant hose (hosebarb) on the right side of the radiator needs to be rotated a little bit in order to give additional clearance from touching the #4 header tube... (radiator is soft aluminum and easily accommodates this)

2) Centerstand stop needs to be fabricated...
(just a flat plate bolted to the bracket that is already part of the Akra's midpipe.)

3) My bags are at home, so I can't answer about the fit yet.... but I will bring one to check after I set up my new dyno.
I don't see it being much of a problem as far as lowering the muffler with a short bracket, but I would like to see how lowering the muffler affects the ground clearance.... I don't like making recommendations without seeing all the issues first.

I'll take some photos after I bring the bag to my shop.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've extended my Holiday sale for the C14 until the end of this year...
http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/ZG1400.htm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone !!

Ivan

« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 02:48:58 pm by Ivan_ipp »

Offline Terrynyc

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 792
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 08:21:03 pm »
Welcome to COG Ivan!  I installed your jet kit (remember those?) in  my 2005 FZ-1 and was completely satisfied!  She's still going strong too! :great: :motonoises:
Terry Faherty, COG #792, AMA #526406, CDA #123, '05 Yamaha FZ-1, NYC Metro AAD and chief bottle washer.    Bikes may change but a COGer forever!

Offline khager01

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 06:45:47 pm »
Thanks for the reply Ivan,  I see you've been busy with the new dyno,  and exhaust evac system.  Nice to be able to work inside in cold weather. :)  Damn cold weather made it all the way down here to Texas! >:(  Too cold to ride and I can't even go out in my garage. Okay I am a wimp it's 38F out right now,  but it should be 60F. :'(

Yeah I wish Akra would make a header specifically for this bike too, the ZX14 option sounds like too much work for me.  Probably just go with a slip-on. 
2017 Concours 14
2012 V-Strom 650

Offline Ivan_ipp

• Industry Member
  • Tricycle
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 10:33:07 pm »
Thanks Terry !!  :beerchug:
Believe it or not, I still sell quite a few jet kits.. especially for the FZ1.

Kev, it's not gotten out of the 20's here during the day and in the teens at night... I don't like the cold either, but it does give me time to regroup and make improvements.  I don't envy anyone who has to work outside in uncomfortable weather.  :(

There's more testing to come as the new year begins.

Ivan