Author Topic: Don't Drink and Ride. Also, Don't Run From the Police  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Matt

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 9700
  • Membership Level: Active
Don't Drink and Ride. Also, Don't Run From the Police
« on: July 06, 2015, 04:55:58 pm »
http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2015/07/bay_city_man_cut_in_half_at_th.html#incart_river

I feel bad for the first responders in this one. Also, the family. The victim though...he chose his path, and choices have consequences.

Offline jdegraff

• Moped
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11713
Re: Don't Drink and Ride. Also, Don't Run From the Police
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 05:27:50 pm »
Sometimes stupid hurts. I don't drink and ride but have done some pretty silly things. Glad I didn't get cut in half.

Offline Derick

• Road Bike
    • BeginnerBikers.org
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 07:14:57 pm »
I've seen it first hand. When I worked for the fire department years ago, I was hanging out with some local college cops when we heard a crash. It was faint but it was pretty clear it was a crash of some sort...so we all headed out and started poking around the area. We found a down biker and a pretty long skid mark. The road it had occurred on was wet, but more importantly it curved after a long 4 lane straightaway...he clearly thought he had more room than he did for the speed he was doing.

He had hit the utility pole at the curve and while he wasnt 'cut in two,' he was heavily split. When his clothes started getting cut off, we found his belt was holding the two halves of his body together. He had split heightwise up to his sternum. It was pretty effed up.
Current Bikes:
2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Offline Sgt Mac

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 04:49:56 am »
http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2015/07/bay_city_man_cut_in_half_at_th.html#incart_river

I feel bad for the first responders in this one. Also, the family. The victim though...he chose his path, and choices have consequences.

Not a victim, I feel bad for the responders and family, but I don't see him as a victim.
Charlie

Offline Undertaker

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 12:23:36 pm »
I just shake my head when I go by a bar and see motorcycles parked out front.  ::)
"I ride up front, all others ride in the back!" Undertaker