Author Topic: 2018 Moonshine Lunch Run  (Read 1627 times)

Offline MizzouMike

• Crotch Rocket
  • "I'm like a rain magnet"
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 8862
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: 2018 Moonshine Lunch Run
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 12:02:43 am »
It was nice and rainy in the morning, perfect moonshine weather.  I couldn't stay long, it was a sometimes wet, and cold ride back to KC.

I saw this and thought I would share.

http://www.mywabashvalley.com/news/the-final-ride/1122034237

2000 Concours - "Red Foxx -2"
2013 HD Ultra Classic "Queen B"
AMA, COG, IBA

Offline spiderman

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: 2018 Moonshine Lunch Run
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 01:32:11 am »
Thanks for sharing that Mike. I remember the 1st one with a small group of COG members including Ed Ostermeyer and Jerry Pagels. I'm thinking there were about a dozen of us but i could be wrong.  We met at Terry's garage in Casey, had some coffee and rode to Moonshine for a burger.  The next year the Honda ST group got involved and there were about 40 of us.  After that it grew very quickly and I didn't attend every year.  This year as usual I camped at the old family farm north of Casey on Friday night with a few others that I've grown to know over the years.   About 10:00 it started to storm and it was a pretty rough night.  I got up at 6:00 and hung around for a couple of hours but it didn't look like there was going to be a break in the weather for some time.  I decided I didn't want to ride to Moonshine in the rain and stand around eating a breakfast burger in the rain either so I just packed up and headed for home.  Apparently it cleared up late in the morning but I missed it.  Sorry to bug out on you so early. 
Although the Lunch Ride is officially over I will probably try to go there again next year on the second weekend of April and just see who might show up.  This thing might not be so easy to kill off for some of us hard core attendees. Take care Mike and I'll see you at the Spider in September.   
Jeff in Decatur, IL   13 TR650 Terra    07 KLR   14 Stelvio    82 Rokon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2ljnErAjI