Author Topic: Survey says...  (Read 1283 times)

Offline ManWorkingHere

• Blue Streake
  • Crotch Rocket
  • 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 9292
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Survey says...
« on: March 20, 2016, 12:24:13 pm »
Survey says…

What motivates you to take the time to meet up with others during the Winter months? I’d like to know what COG can do during that time to keep up your riding spirits and grow the membership at the same time.  I realize that Spring is here now and winter projects have been taken up your time getting the bike ready to ride.

What would make your membership in COG more valuable during the winter months?  Some members read articles online, other members share tech tips on the COG forum, and certain members brave the weather to meet face-to-face at each other's homes or garages.  Let us know what it would take to get you out of your house in winter to meet with other COG members.

Take this Survey Monkey survey before May 1, 2016
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5PGGWF2
after 2012 Rally
  Concours 2001 (Blue Streak)  COG#9292

Offline DeansZG

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Survey says...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 01:20:19 pm »
    Matt,

Wondering if are targeting this survey specifically for your area or the whole NC region?

Offline Fais

• It's amazing what one can accomplish if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.
  • Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 01:42:28 pm »
COG bus and trailer to get y'all down south once or twice a winter :great:

1976 BMW R90S (Luna) - 2000 KLR650 (Dirt McGirt) - 2005 SV1000 (Sue) - 2006 Vespa PX150 (Vino Negro) - 2014 C14 (Betty) - 2017 Z125Pro (MiniZ)
Whether you think you can or can't - you're right!
Instagram @ fais_the_photographer

Offline SilverConnieRider

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 11953
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 03:02:54 pm »
COG bus and trailer to get y'all down south once or twice a winter :great:

Good idea ^^^^.

Another is Rent a house big enough for at least 10 people (probably 6 bedrooms or more) then split the cost
between the 10 (or more) members and stay for at least 5-6 days in a warm climate where we can ride.
Of course in the middle of Winter that would require most of us to trailer to a warm climate.  That's why I say at least 5-6 days.
I don't have a desire to trailer 1000 or more miles for a weekend.  Need to make it worth my time and gas.  Also, it would take
at least that long to reduce the Winter Blues just a bit - as I know I would have to return to the Freezer Climate very soon - and time
flies when your having a good time and think your almost in Heaven.   ;D

Offline ManWorkingHere

• Blue Streake
  • Crotch Rocket
  • 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
  • COG#: 9292
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 04:22:30 pm »
    Matt,

Wondering if are targeting this survey specifically for your area or the whole NC region?

Thanks for asking.  There is a question about meeting up in Chicago for the Progressive Motorcyle stop there.  The survey is intended for the North Central region, or any area where riding is affected by Snow.  Any activity that promotes the camaraderie of motorcyclists is being sought.

Looking forward to any and all responses.
after 2012 Rally
  Concours 2001 (Blue Streak)  COG#9292

Offline Jeff

• Mini Bike
  • COG#: 12267
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 09:20:02 pm »
I think the best solution would be for all northern COG members to own a snowmobile besides there concours.  We could have a snowmobile gang for 3 or 4 months until we can get back on the bikes.

Offline Jerry_Layman_NE

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 1374
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 09:12:39 am »
Done!

Thanks for everything you do to make this a better place for us!   :great:
Jerry Layman  COG 1374 
Fremont Nebraska

Offline jettawreck

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 11:20:42 am »
I think the best solution would be for all northern COG members to own a snowmobile besides there concours.  We could have a snowmobile gang for 3 or 4 months until we can get back on the bikes.

See my signature line.
Problem is (or has been for too many winters) lack of "real" snow depth. I haven't had most of my sleds out of the yard in a couple of years except for the one used up north in Ontario for ice fishing. Sort of silly to live in northern MN and have to travel to find enough decent snow.
Rode the "new" Honda ST1300 home a couple days ago thru rain/sleet and now it's been fresh snow on the ground every morning. Nucience snow. Not enough to be good for anything other than keeping me off the bike and golf course.
17*F this morning and a month ago it was in the 50's.
Snowmobiles, I have a bunch.
Motorcycles-I haven't had anything except dirtbikes 30 years ago, so this will be all new to me.
2005 C10 with Rifle w/s, SISF Exhaust sprocket, overflow tubes, 2 minute jet mod. (SOLD)
2004 Honda ST1300-the current mule.