Author Topic: 2018 NE Area Activity Planning  (Read 435 times)

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
2018 NE Area Activity Planning
« on: October 29, 2017, 11:52:35 am »
As a grass-root, member driven, volunteer club, COG needs your help in the planning and execution our Northeast activities that will bring members in your region together to ride or socialize. More people planning activities provides more activity choices throughout the year. It also adds diversity to the activities. It is fairly simple to organize day activities. All you need is an idea or a destination in mind, and select a date. Then contact contact me or any Northeast Area staff member to get rolling.

Now is a perfect time to begin giving thought to club activity for the 2018 Event Calendar. Reflect on the great roads you’ve ridden or a favorite restaurant found during a ride (we all love to eat, right?). These can easily be used to as a basis for a ride or meet & greet. It doesn't matter if you've never hosted an activity before and any member can do it. The NE Staff is here to guide and assist you, as well as get the activity on the COG event calendar. The earlier an activity is planned and put on the calendar the more time there is to get the word out. In my experience, Spring activities should be posted on the calendar by the end of January to get the best exposure.

| Steve Smith | COG #3184 | MSF/CONREP RC |

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline Greg Habel

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 7010
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: 2018 NE Area Activity Planning
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 12:10:23 pm »
Thanks Steve for posting.

If anyone lives in the MA/ME/NH/VT area, please contact Tracey or I via COG7010@verizon.net or 508-444-2235 to offer your suggestions/hosting for 2018.   But wait, even better - come to our End of Year Social on Nov 11th at the Horseshoe Pub in Hudson, MA for lunch, brainstorming, and hosting events.   Register here: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=247591
Greg H from Mass -  MA/ME/NH/VT co-AAD 2012+ with wife Tracey
COG# 7010,a Tracey  CDA 120 (3.0)  99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle"

Offline WG

• Scooter
  • COG#: 4627
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 08:04:54 pm »
I just updated the NE events page and was amazed to see so many events already on the calendar for 2018.  Kudos to everyone who is thumbing their nose at winter and getting their planning done early!
---
Wayne.

Offline Greg Habel

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 7010
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 01:34:31 pm »
Got a great idea for a ride or event for the MA,NH,ME,VT area for the 2018 season?  Well let's hear it!  Come to our End of Year Social tomorrow at the Horseshoe Pub in Hudson MA.  Don't forget to sign up so we have a head count for the restaurant staff.  Check the calendar for all the details.  Hope to see you there!

Greg H from Mass -  MA/ME/NH/VT co-AAD 2012+ with wife Tracey
COG# 7010,a Tracey  CDA 120 (3.0)  99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle"