Author Topic: 2019 NE Spring Fling Rally - BOOK ROOM ASAP TO GET BEST PRICE  (Read 1273 times)

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
2019 NE Spring Fling Rally - BOOK ROOM ASAP TO GET BEST PRICE
« on: September 10, 2018, 09:51:16 am »
2019 Northeast Area Spring Fling Rally
May 16 - 19, 2019

SAVE THE DATES - BOOK YOUR ROOMS BEFORE MARCH 1 TO GET DISCOUNTED ROOM RATE

Let’s kick off the 2019 riding season with your fellow COGger’s for what promises to be a fantastic season opener. Working off a suggestion from long time member Kevin Martin, Spring Fling 2019 returns to Matamoras PA after a 7 year hiatus.  The rally location is near the borders of PA, NY, NJ. This tri-state area location provides easy access to the Catskill Mountain, Delaware River Valley, and northern NJ riding.

We were able to negotiate a room rate that is only $9/night more than what we paid in 2012. The catch…  THE DISCOUNTED ROOM RATES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL MARCH 1 2019.  Reservations made after March 1 will be $30 more per night. Make reservations early… you can always cancel.

REGISTER ONLINE NOW
Event details, reservation information, sample ride routes, and online registration available at the event page in the online Event Calendar:
http://cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=252793

« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 09:34:16 pm by S Smith »
| Steve Smith | COG #3184 | MSF/CONREP RC |

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline gsjay

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 32
  • Membership Level: Event Host
Re: 2019 NE Spring Fling Rally - BOOK ROOMS ASAP - Registration Open
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 03:06:52 pm »
Matamoras ? Where the F is Matamoras???????

Port Jervis, PA NY, that's where it's is................I know how to get there!

Ok, it says room rates go up $30 per night after March 1st! So, I'm booking my room now. Can always cancel if plans don't work out.

I haven't ridden in this neck of the woods much. Is Phoenicia Ny. nearby? Stayed there one night and paid a TON for run down old motel room. Had a lot of fun if I remember correctly :-) How about that Hawks nest road you always see on the cover of magazines? Is that close by?

Bikes are parked. Time to start planning next year!
jason
COG 32
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 09:41:27 pm by gsjay »

Offline CRocker

• Sport Tourer
  • '02 C10 CDA # 416
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 08:19:22 pm »
My map shows Port Jervis being across the river from Matamoras, PA...this puts it in N.Y....

Offline Pittsburgh_Clem

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 11340
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 10:58:39 pm »
I have never been to this area. Calendar marked for a big maybe
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover – Mark Twain.

Offline S Smith

• Officer
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 12:11:23 am »
The Hawks Nest is 10-15 minutes away, but the terrific ride north along the Delaware River continues north. Last year we found a great eclectic cafe just less than an hour north of Hawks Nest...  Cafe Adella Dori, 33 Lower Main St, Callicoon, NY.   https://www.adelladori.net/

Phoenicia, NY is northeastern Catskill Mountains region and about 1:30 hour ride through some great back roads.

Check the rally event page to download sample routes and GPS files so that you can begin planning your trip.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 01:09:44 pm by S Smith »

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline Terrynyc

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 792
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: 2019 NE Spring Fling Rally - BOOK ROOM ASAP TO GET BEST PRICE
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 07:46:51 pm »
Just tried to make reservations and got no answer at the listed number.  Guess it's nap time! :))
Terry Faherty, COG #792, AMA #526406, CDA #123, '05 Yamaha FZ-1, NYC Metro AAD and chief bottle washer.    Bikes may change but a COGer forever!

Offline S Smith

• Officer
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 11:52:37 am »
Just tried to make reservations and got no answer at the listed number. 

I tried to call as well and also got no answer.  I reached out by email to our contact at the hotel and was informed "...we are getting a new system and they keep disconnecting our phone system."

Hopefully the situation is resolved soon.

Offline Terrynyc

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 792
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 06:55:34 pm »
Okay folks phones are working again just made my reservations.  Book dem rooms!!! ;)
Terry Faherty, COG #792, AMA #526406, CDA #123, '05 Yamaha FZ-1, NYC Metro AAD and chief bottle washer.    Bikes may change but a COGer forever!

Offline connieklr

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 1608
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 09:06:31 pm »
Matamoras ? Where the F is Matamoras???????

Port Jervis, PA NY, that's where it's is................I know how to get there!

Ok, it says room rates go up $30 per night after March 1st! So, I'm booking my room now. Can always cancel if plans don't work out.

I haven't ridden in this neck of the woods much. Is Phoenicia Ny. nearby? Stayed there one night and paid a TON for run down old motel room. Had a lot of fun if I remember correctly :-) How about that Hawks nest road you always see on the cover of magazines? Is that close by?

Bikes are parked. Time to start planning next year!
jason
COG 32

Responding to an older post.......... can't believe you've never ridden in that area.

Hawk's Nest is along the road (Rte. 97) west out of Port Jervis..... but you probably figured that out.

Since you're into making glass art objects, you might be interested in checking out Gillinder Glass in Port Jervis. I took their tour the last time I was up in the area:

I may take it again this spring.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:17:04 pm by connieklr »
COG #1608
COG Life Member
Semi-Civilian
GB Young Services, LLC

Offline S Smith

• Officer
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 07:12:10 pm »
Let's give this thread a bump and a reminder!!

May 16 - 19: COG Northeast Spring Fling Rally,  Matamoras PA

Let’s kick off the 2019 riding season with your fellow COGger’s for what promises to be a fantastic season opener. The hotel is nestled along the Delaware River near the tri-state borders PA, NY, & NJ meet. This location provides great riding in most directions.

IMPORTANT!!! BOOK YOUR ROOMS SOON - The discounted rate of $99/night is only available through February.
Room prices increase $30/night on March 1.

Click here for Spring Fling Rally web page for details and registration