Author Topic: Rhode Island Romp - Saturday June 13th 8 am  (Read 368 times)

Offline Greg Habel

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7010
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Rhode Island Romp - Saturday June 13th 8 am
« on: January 25, 2020, 01:21:49 pm »
Meet Coop at 8 am for breakfast at the  King Street Cafe (390 King St, Franklin, MA).

Kick Stands Up at 9 am.   Fueled and ready to go.

Coop will lead you through beautiful MA/RI backroads and eventually stop at Twisted Throttle in Coventry RI for motorcycle gear shopping and oogiling.

Lunch will be a traditional RI treat like Clam Cakes and Chowder in Galilee, RI.
Greg H from Mass -  MA/ME/NH/VT co-AAD 2012+ with wife Tracey
COG# 7010,a Tracey  CDA 120 (3.0)  99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle"

Offline RubberDucky

• Mini Bike
  • COG#: 7588
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Rhode Island Romp - Saturday June 13th 8 am
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 09:29:02 pm »
Well, things are looking good so far for the Rhode Island Romp.  I ran the tentative route today and found that the Twisted Throttle store was closed.  I am sure it is partially because of the Covid 19 issue but I was informed that even before the pandemic the store was closed during the week and only open on the weekend.

I continued on down to the Galilee, RI area to Iggy's Clam shack and they were open.  Tried their Chowder and Clam Cakes and they were delicious!  Couldn't go inside yet.

Anyway, i will be calling both locations around the 1st part of June to check their status and will make a determination then on whether to call it or not.

Coop
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it

"Coop"

Offline Greg Habel

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 7010
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 09:45:05 am »
Thanks for checking out the route to see what was what.  Tracey and I went by Twisted Throttle on Thursday on our bikes and noticed it closed as well.  We had ice cream just down the way at Lickitty Splits.
Looking forward to seeing you.
Greg H from Mass -  MA/ME/NH/VT co-AAD 2012+ with wife Tracey
COG# 7010,a Tracey  CDA 120 (3.0)  99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle"

Offline Bob_C_CT

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 9544
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 06:51:07 pm »
We may have to meet up with you guys at Twisted Throttle if they are open and go for some good seafood.
Coop, since you did a route checkout let us know what your ETA would be at Twisted Throttle.
Would be good to see you guys.
Bob
Southern Connecticut.
97 C10,ZRX Front, Meanstreak rim

Offline RubberDucky

• Mini Bike
  • COG#: 7588
« Reply #4 on: Today at 06:41:18 pm »
Bob,  Really hope ya'll can make it!  I am guessing we will get to Twisted Throttle somewhere around 10 to 10:30 am; it's not real far from the start point but I am trying to do mostly back roads.  As mentioned earlier, I will be contacting T.T. to see if they will be open but, if not, we might do a quick coffee break up the road at the Middle of Nowhere Diner!  :)

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it

"Coop"