Author Topic: RI Sunday, 6 July 2014 M&G in Harrisville, RI  (Read 1519 times)

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
RI Sunday, 6 July 2014 M&G in Harrisville, RI
« on: June 29, 2014, 11:05:48 pm »
Come on out and join us for a lunch and a short (about an hour) ride afterwards. The ride ends with ice cream to replenish ourselves; us COGgers tend to be dangerously underweight to begin with.

Please note that this is on Sunday instead of the more usual Saturday.  Sure you can show up on Sat. but that will be way too early.

The event is in the calendar: here

Brian
KiPass keeping you up at night? Has the low fuel warning burned your retinas? Find peace, harmony and the answer to these problems. www.incontrolne.com

Offline lorwoman

• Tricycle
  • Wear short sleeves!protect your right to bare arms
  • COG#: 11076
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: RI Sunday, 6 July 2014 M&G in Harrisville, RI
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 12:34:43 pm »
I might just have to dust Betty off for this one... I miss riding with you folks!
-Lorie
Lorelei Freiler (Lorie)
95 Nighthawk CB750 (Bette Davis)

Offline RubberDucky

• Mini Bike
  • COG#: 7588
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 01:07:18 pm »
I'm in.  We ending up at Suzie Q's?
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it

"Coop"

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 01:43:26 pm »
Great.

Nope, not Suzy Q's- we're trying a new (to us) place this time. But Andrea planned the route and actually has alternate, emergency plans for different ice cream places should the one she picked be less than wonderful. We rode the route and actually tried the restaurant yesterday and that was very good but the new ice cream place is unknown and hey, we just can't take the chance of having to live with lousy or worse yet, no (gasp!) ice cream, right?   :great: ;D

Brian

I'm in.  We ending up at Suzie Q's?
KiPass keeping you up at night? Has the low fuel warning burned your retinas? Find peace, harmony and the answer to these problems. www.incontrolne.com

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 01:44:25 pm »
Great if you make it out Lorie- we have not seen you in a while.

Brian

I might just have to dust Betty off for this one... I miss riding with you folks!
-Lorie

Offline Pat and Sher in MA

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 7670
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 10:12:13 pm »
Sher & I should be there for lunch. I'm not sure if we will make the ride & ice cream stop
at this point.

See you all tomorrow  :great:
Pat & Sher in Ma.  04 C10 Dark Angel,  87 Ninja 600RX

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 10:55:36 pm »
Excellent! (this is where Monty Burns would tent his fingers....)  :-)

Looks like it is going to be in the low 80's tomorrow, with sunshine all day. I have the route loaded on two GPSs and cannot wait until I find out where they differ- it is usually at the first turn. Still, I don't expect anyone to have to forage in the wilderness, we'll make it back to a real road sooner or later.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Brian

Sher & I should be there for lunch. I'm not sure if we will make the ride & ice cream stop
at this point.

See you all tomorrow  :great:

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 08:32:48 pm »
Well, an excellent day overall with 16 folks turning out for lunch and most going for the ride and ice cream afterward.

After careful counting and checking, absolutely no one was left behind in a bathroom at any point during the entire ride, something we have not always been able to say.

Of course we had one of "those" events.... again. The line of bikes was too long to keep track of from the front so we did the standard 'watch to see the motorcycle behind you IS behind you before making any turn' schtick. But somewhere along the way, we had a failure and three people got separated from the group, including the new guys (of course). Unfortunately, I neglected to tell anyone where we were going so it was not possible for them to get to the ice cream place on their own :-(  So after riding around a bit, the stopped at a random ice cream place, had some and left.... and rode right by the rest of us going to that exact same place. What are the odds?

So for the next exciting CT / RI ride I will post the ride and ALL destinations on the sign up page- at least that way everyone has a fighting chance of getting to the end even if the 'middles' vary somewhat.  ::)

A few photos taken while all of us were together (sorry, no photos of the 'missing battalion'):  http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/arfelice/slideshow/2014-07-06%20Meet%20and%20Greet

Brian

Offline Pat and Sher in MA

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 7670
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 12:22:11 pm »
Brian & Andrea,

Thanks for putting this on, Sher & I had a good time even though we had to miss the ride
and ice cream. Thanks for the pictures as well since I forgot the camera this time.

Pat & Sher in Ma.  04 C10 Dark Angel,  87 Ninja 600RX