Author Topic: Saturday, July 1 2017 - Big W BBQ Meet n Greet n Eat, Wingdale, NY  (Read 3881 times)

Offline Diz

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12056
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Saturday, July 1 2017 - Big W BBQ Meet n Greet n Eat, Wingdale, NY
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2017, 08:33:07 am »
You out too Steve? I will look forward to the reschedule. A possible shower yesterday turned into 1" of rain in 20 minutes. Wouldn't want to be riding during that......

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2017, 09:07:17 am »
You out too Steve? I will look forward to the reschedule. A possible shower yesterday turned into 1" of rain in 20 minutes. Wouldn't want to be riding during that......

Exactly...   

edit:

Weather is showing 50% chance of t-storm in Wingdale, NY (Big W) and here in CT, with expected rain being a small amount. The sun is out now. It's looking that John P and I will probably make the trek for BBQ if weather remains @ 50% and it's not wet when we plan to head out from town.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 10:29:01 am by S Smith »
| Steve Smith | COG #3184 | MSF/CONREP RC |

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline mr t

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 7173
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2017, 10:53:11 am »
Looks like my chances of avoiding bad weather between the Lake George area and Wingdale are nil, so I'm reluctantly going to take a pass. Looking forward to a reschedule.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Offline Terrynyc

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 792
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2017, 09:58:04 pm »
So anyone head out forecast be damned?  I would have been quite damp pretty much all the way home if I went LOL.
Terry Faherty, COG #792, AMA #526406, CDA #123, '05 Yamaha FZ-1, NYC Metro AAD and chief bottle washer.    Bikes may change but a COGer forever!

Offline S Smith

• Officer
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2017, 09:49:17 am »
So anyone head out forecast be damned?  I would have been quite damp pretty much all the way home if I went LOL.

Yes...  Rocketman still wanted to go, so we decided to chance it...  As did my in-law Bill and a friend Nick. We planned to meet at the deli and wait until 10am in case anyone  else also decided to show up. Ran into a few moments of scattered large raindrops then the sun came out and we were good. Rocketman led a 2 hour ride using my proposed route as a model, but taking us n some back roads I've never been on before. When we arrived at Big W there were two other couple already there... Will & Vickie and Mr & Mrs Johnny Lunchbox. We ate great BBQ, chatted a bit and skedaddled out of there by 1:30P when someone said the rain was on the the way and we all wanted to try to get ahead of the storm.A few light sprinkles as we left, but no dampness other than the humidity all the way home.

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline Diz

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 12056
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2017, 11:05:46 am »
Sorry I missed it I saw there was a change of mind after I logged off.  >:( Will there be a reschedule?

Offline S Smith

• Officer
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2017, 02:06:03 pm »
Yes... This event will be rescheduled. Terry and I need to coordinate and come up with another weekend during the next 2 months.

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • COG#: 7134
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2017, 09:08:09 pm »
The wife and I almost took a ride over to see folks. I guess it's better we didn't since it was kind of canceled. Although we could have had lunch with some folks. It would have been nice to talk to Steve and Sue without them having to run to something like in Bennington.  :)) Maybe we will make the re-schedule. I've always had a soft spot for this ride/M&G. The beans are the best, probably better than the actual BBQ. LOL
 The only down side is it seems like it's always 100 degrees and thunderstorms every year. I guess that what you get around July fourth every year lately.