Author Topic: Twistin Through The Notch NE Fall Rally Part Deux - Sept 6-9 Lincoln, NH  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Greg Habel

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7010
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
BOOK THOSE ROOMS NOW TO GUARANTEE A ROOM!  See below!!!!

Join hosts Greg and Tracey Habel for a rally returning to the beautiful Franconia Notch area of NH.

Rally Dates: Thursday September 6th – Sunday September 9th

RALLY HEADQUARTERS:   Woodwards Resort located at 527 US  Route 3 Lincoln, NH 03251.  http://www.woodwardsresort.com/  Toll-free: (800) 635-8968; local (603) 745-8141.  GPS :  N44.08.934 W071.68.356 .  Woodwards Resort is a full feature resort with plenty of onsite amenities such as: Lounge, indoor & outdoor pools, hot tub, sauna, tennis and racquetball courts, game room, horseshoes, and shuffleboard.  Each room will include either two queen beds or one double bed with one twin bed, compact refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and ironing board and complimentary WI-FI and cable television.

ROOM RATE:  $114.67 plus tax per night for up to 4 guests.  Rate includes a hot continental breakfast.  Rooms accommodate up to four people per room.  Group rate does not include 9% New Hampshire sales tax.  Please call and ask for the “Concours Owner's Group” group rate before August 18th, 2018 to book your reservation at the discounted rate.  At the time of booking, a one night room and tax deposit will be required to confirm the reservation.   Cancellation policy:  1 week prior to start of event, if less than one week notice you will be required to pay 1 night room rate.   (We have a block of 40 rooms being held for us until August 9th; if they are not sold the block will be reduced to 30 rooms until August 18th.  (After August 18th reservations will be based on resort availability and are not guaranteed.)

Registration, routes, tourism info, and further details are available here: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=245082

:-[So far only 5 people are registered (including Tracey and I).   Tracey and I really want to see you all again!!!   Please register now and book those rooms! :motonoises: :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: :)
Greg H from Mass -  MA/ME/NH/VT co-AAD 2012+ with wife Tracey
COG# 7010,a Tracey  CDA 120 (3.0)  99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle"

Offline Greg Habel

• Crotch Rocket
For those lovers of micro-brews, there's a brewery right in Lincoln, 3.3 miles from the resort.
https://www.onelovebrewery.com/

AND another just one town over in Woodstock just 3 miles away https://www.woodstockinnnh.com/

Other touristy stuff to do?   Plenty!  Visit the registration page with lots-o-links.  https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/eventEmail.cfm?clubID=1328&eventID=245082

Offline Greg Habel

• Crotch Rocket
RALLY FEE:  COG Member rate: $42 per person for COG members (regular members and associates). Non-Member rate: $57 per person. Save $5 by registering  before 8/6/2018.

Offline Bob_C_CT

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 9544
  • Membership Level: Active
Family wedding that Saturday, reluctantly out.
97 C10,ZRX Front, Meanstreak rim

Offline Greg Habel

• Crotch Rocket
Family wedding that Saturday, reluctantly out.
Want me to ride some of your favorite roads for you!?

Offline Greg Habel

• Crotch Rocket
Here's a favorite restaurant; just a short ride for breakfast.  Pancakes galore!

http://pollyspancakeparlor.com/

Offline Bob_C_CT

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 9544
Go ahead and rub it in some more and top it off with some real maple syrup
97 C10,ZRX Front, Meanstreak rim

Offline andydude

• Road Bike
  • Let's Ride !!
  • COG#: 10598
Gonna do my best to attend this , Thanks Greg and Tracy  :great:
2012 Black C14

Offline Terrynyc

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 792
Registered!!! ;) :great:
Terry Faherty, COG #792, AMA #526406, CDA #123, '05 Yamaha FZ-1, NYC Metro AAD and chief bottle washer.    Bikes may change but a COGer forever!

Offline Greg Habel

• Crotch Rocket
There's really lots to do in the area.  Unique attractions like Zip Lining up in the trees.  I've done this in Alaska and it is an unforgettable experience (up in the tree tops but fully harnessed, instructions provided, etc).   This company also does really cool Off Road Tours in their vehicles up in the mountains.  If you're not into hiking, this is a way to see what hikers see.  Amazing views you can't get from the highway.

https://www.alpinezipline.com/

Offline Gixerhp

• Industry Member
  • Road Bike
  • The Lighting Guy!
  • COG#: 12189
Registered, and waiting for a call back from the Hotel,, they have the answering machine today!

No Replacement for Displacement
Bikes are my passion and my hobbie,,
If you need help, and are close,, PM me

Offline Greg Habel

• Crotch Rocket
How about some rafting.  All different levels.
Check it out:  https://raftnh.com/errol-rapid-class-ii/

Offline Gixerhp

• Industry Member
  • Road Bike
  • The Lighting Guy!
Hotel is booked,,,

Offline Greg Habel

• Crotch Rocket
This is a really cool experience.  Imagine soaring high above the Franconia Notch area in a glider.  The peacefulness of only air rushing by the canopy as you glide with your pilot.
http://www.franconiasoaring.org/glider-rides.php

Offline Greg Habel

• Crotch Rocket
Only 8 people registered!   :( :( :( :(

RALLY FEE:  COG Member rate: $42 per person for COG members (regular members and associates). Non-Member rate: $57 per person. Save $5 by registering  before 8/6/2018. 

AND.....
  (We have a block of 40 rooms being held for us until August 9th; if they are not sold the block will be reduced to 30 rooms until August 18th.  (After August 18th reservations will be based on resort availability and are not guaranteed.)

Offline Gixerhp

• Industry Member
  • Road Bike
  • The Lighting Guy!
Wow really surprised, at thus i thought there would be more interest!  :motonoises:

Offline Terrynyc

• Street Cruiser
Well I know of one more who's planning on attending.  Lloyd Ericsen is rooming with me but we still have to make a reservation.  Guess it's time to drop a text and see if he called. :great:
Terry Faherty, COG #792, AMA #526406, CDA #123, '05 Yamaha FZ-1, NYC Metro AAD and chief bottle washer.    Bikes may change but a COGer forever!

Offline Greg Habel

• Crotch Rocket
Nearby is the Hobo Railroad....  Something cool to do!
http://www.hoborr.com/hobo.html

Offline Terrynyc

• Street Cruiser
Well I THINK I have a reservation lol.  Called yesterday and boy do they love the hold button!  First time I got shunted to voicemail.  Second time I got someone got put on hold again but they came back, then when I asked for a confirmation number got holded again and shunted to voicemail.  Left my number for callback and confirmation number.  Maybe I'll try again later lol. :))

Offline Gixerhp

• Industry Member
  • Road Bike
  • The Lighting Guy!
Well I THINK I have a reservation lol.  Called yesterday and boy do they love the hold button!  First time I got shunted to voicemail.  Second time I got someone got put on hold again but they came back, then when I asked for a confirmation number got holded again and shunted to voicemail.  Left my number for callback and confirmation number.  Maybe I'll try again later lol. :))
Its that thick Ny accent,,, They are just tring to piss you off! LOL :nananana: :nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Spyderwoman

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 7010A
Terry, Hope everything worked out OK with your reservation.  Please let me know if there are any issues and I will contact the resort.
Tracey H. from MA  COG # 7010a
MA, ME, NH, Vt co-AAD 2012+ with Husband Greg  My ride: 2012 Can-Am Spyder RS SM5 "Boris"

Offline Spyderwoman

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 7010A
OK where are all the Northeast COGers!??  I just checked and registration is only at 9!  Time is running out to take advantage of the early registration fee and our block of rooms in the back building (the one that houses the lovely indoor pool and hot tub   :great:)  will be released soon if they are not booked.
This is a wonderful location with access to many nice roads and attractions.  Literally something for everyone.  Like to hike?  It's there.  Like to zipline?  Got it.  Brewpubs?  Yup.  How about nice riding?   :motonoises:   ABSOLUTELY! Check out the calendar for all the details and BOOK THOSE ROOMS!  Hope to see you there.
Tracey H. from MA  COG # 7010a
MA, ME, NH, Vt co-AAD 2012+ with Husband Greg  My ride: 2012 Can-Am Spyder RS SM5 "Boris"

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • COG#: 7134
came on the forum and saw this. We missed the Wellsboro this spring. So I definitely signed us up for the fall rally. I normally would take a September trip up to Vermont/New Hampshire. The Kanc is normally nice that time of year. So we're in. I just called Woodward's at approximately 4:15 (half hour ago) and a nice lady named Montana picked up and made my reservations. Just waiting on the email conformation. Although I went with a king size bed in the next building. See y'all there.

Offline Terrynyc

• Street Cruiser
Perhaps they just don't like me or blocked my phone number?!?  Just called at 3:15pm and got recorded message that the office was closed.  CLOSED?!?!?  On a Tuesday at 3:15pm?!?  Tune in tomorrow for the next installment of the Perils of Terrine! :))

BTW I can't seem to get through on the 800 number.  I've been calling the local number.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 06:38:12 pm by Terrynyc »

Offline Terrynyc

• Street Cruiser
WE have liftoff!  Finally verified my reservation.  I'm in!!!!! :motonoises: :great: