Author Topic: Winter Social (RI) Sat., 1 Feb. 2014 4:00 PM  (Read 4414 times)

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Winter Social (RI) Sat., 1 Feb. 2014 4:00 PM
« on: January 05, 2014, 11:18:59 pm »
Come on out and join us for a great time at our first Winter Social. We have reserved the game room of The Olde Theater Diner for this event. Dinner will be from the full menu of the restaurant and they have a full bar. For anyone wanting to stay overnight, there are several local hotels along with prices listed on the sign- up page.

This is a great restaurant serving both pizza as well as a regular full menu. Large portions, low prices and a great setting.

Here is a link to the calendar page. to sign up for the event.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:02:26 pm by BDF, Reason: Fixed link to event page so non- members can see it »
KiPass keeping you up at night? Has the low fuel warning burned your retinas? Find peace, harmony and the answer to these problems. www.incontrolne.com

Offline Pat and Sher in MA

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 7670
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Winter Social (RI) Sat., 1 Feb. 2014 4:00 PM
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 12:14:34 am »
Signed up, Looking forward to seeing everyone and having a typical good time with all our
COG friends.  :beerchug:
Pat & Sher in Ma.  04 C10 Dark Angel,  87 Ninja 600RX

Offline Roger M.

• Crotch Rocket
    • www.ratcycles.com
  • COG#: 8867
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 10:01:08 am »
If nothing pops up, Susan and I will be there.  :beerchug:

AMA#2993745

Now servicing all bikes. www.ratcycles.com

Offline Roger M.

• Crotch Rocket
    • www.ratcycles.com
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 06:15:22 pm »
this event is on my calendar in pen. we will be there.  :great:

AMA#2993745

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 06:18:13 pm »
I want full credit for NOT asking what might 'pop up' and what you and Susan might do about it if it did....  :rotflmao:

Great to hear you folks are going to attend.

Brian

If nothing pops up, Susan and I will be there.  :beerchug:
KiPass keeping you up at night? Has the low fuel warning burned your retinas? Find peace, harmony and the answer to these problems. www.incontrolne.com

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 07:12:51 pm »
Well dip me in sheep dip and call me dodo.....

Through an odd circumstance (a member booked a hotel and got a special rate, then the hotel passed that rate on to the entire group) we have a discounted rate for the La Quinta Inn in Coventry, RI. The rate is $64 instead of the standard $72. To get the rate, call them to book the reservation and mention Concours Owners Group, and the discounted reservations must be made by 25 January.

I will post this info to the calendar page as well.

Brian
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:22:57 pm by BDF, Reason: To correct spelling of \'sheep dip\' »

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 04:06:35 pm »
C'mon people, better sign up for this one. You don't want to miss what will undoubtedly be the greatest COG function ever, on this date, in RI!

;D

Brian

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • COG#: 7134
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 07:58:44 am »
I do not know if this is by design or if an oversight. But the link to the event page doesn't work unless you are logged into COGMOS. 

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 12:15:51 pm »
Beats me? It is merely a link to the event page; if one has to be logged into COGMOS to have the link work I am unaware of that and have no control over it that I know of.

If anyone is trying to register for this event, and obviously who would NOT be trying  ;D, let me know if you have any problems and we will work around them. Besides, registration is not necessary to attend, merely a way for us to get an approximate attendee count for the restaurant.

Brian

I do not know if this is by design or if an oversight. But the link to the event page doesn't work unless you are logged into COGMOS.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:50:39 pm by BDF »

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 06:01:59 pm »
I had someone else try it and you are right- it requires anyone looking to sign in. The link also is slightly different from a non- logged in browser so I grabbed that one and pasted it.... and now it seems to work and I have no idea why.

Thanks for the 'heads up'.

Brian

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 08:11:22 pm »
Thanks Cap'n Bob for pointing that out and to Brian for getting it corrected. Now it's time
for everyone to sign up so we can get this party started.

:06:  :beerchug:  :singing:  :party0036:

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 09:21:06 pm »
There are some other people coming who did not sign up, at least not yet. I heard from them through e-mail. But the fact that I put a bad link in the initial post probably didn't help :-(   It actually was not a 'bad' like but it only worked for those signed into the COG website, as Bob mentioned. Going to the exact same place from the calendar but not being signed in gets to the exact same place but it has a slightly different URL. I do not know why that is but I simply used the URL that is given to browsers if they are not signed and all is well- go figure?

Just go easy folks, no need to be in a panic. Que up and sign up in an orderly fashion, no need to shove and push to the front of the line- plenty of room for everyone.  :rotflmao: Seriously, it is a big room and I can expand on the number of slots if needed.

Brian

Thanks Cap'n Bob for pointing that out and to Brian for getting it corrected. Now it's time
for everyone to sign up so we can get this party started.

:06:  :beerchug:  :singing:  :party0036:

Offline Tym

• Big Wheels
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 10:43:59 am »
Hope y'all dont mind a newb showing up asking stupid questions like where the dipstick is on these things!   ;D

Offline Roger M.

• Crotch Rocket
    • www.ratcycles.com
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 01:22:08 pm »
Heck no tym, hope you make it. Just be prepared to eat and laugh a lot!!!!  :beerchug:

AMA#2993745

Offline wayne_jenkins_CT

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 8966
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 02:08:54 pm »
Nancy and I will make it and spend the night, go to Mass, home to watch the Super Bowel Staying at the La Quinta for $61.00 with a free breakfast!       Party Harty

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 02:41:15 pm »
Absolutely not, everyone is welcome at this event. In fact, it would be a great way for you to meet a few members that normally might not make a lot of events here due to distance. By all means, come on along and meet a handful of the local COG folk: great people, every last one of them.

And we'll tell ya' where the dipstick is..... oh, yes!  :rotflmao:

Pat and Sher will be there too; they host the Tech. day event in May and Pat is very well versed in C-10's so it would be great for you two to chat and you find out about some of the things that get done on Tech day where there will be quite a few very knowledgeable people to help, guide and heckle. A huge amount of great info. and fantastic help available to service / maintain / repair / farkle your bike on Tech day.

Looking forward to meeting you folks!
Brian

Brian

Hope y'all dont mind a newb showing up asking stupid questions like where the dipstick is on these things!   ;D

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 02:42:23 pm »
Great Wayne, looking forward to seeing you folks!

Brian

Nancy and I will make it and spend the night, go to Mass, home to watch the Super Bowel Staying at the La Quinta for $61.00 with a free breakfast!       Party Harty

Offline Tym

• Big Wheels
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 08:24:39 pm »
Owning a 1987 GTR means i need a tech. day bad! However, a nice dinner at a diner couldnt hurt!  :great:

Until then check it out, just got a "new" to me KLR motor to play with  :beerchug:

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2014, 03:06:28 pm »
Better hurry up folks, this thing is filling up fast! You don't want to be those people standing outside, pressing their little noses against the glass, just wishing they had signed up in time, now do ya'?  Only two signing up weeks left to go....

Brian

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 04:54:42 pm »
One week to go so let's sign up people.  :beerchug:

Looking forward to meeting some of the new people and learning what Brian & Andrea have in store
for all of us this upcoming season...

Pizza? Chinese buffet? Ferry rides? Steamed cheese burgers?

Always ice cream  :)

Offline wayne_jenkins_CT

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 8966
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 04:56:45 pm »
Nancy and I made reservations at La Quinta and found a church to attend Mass on Sunday and will be home for Super Sunday ! GO DENVER!!!!!  See you all there, Life Is Good!

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 10:43:30 pm »
Yep, only one week to go and the slots are filling up folks.

Looking forward to this- the first COG event of the new year in CT / RI!

Brian

Offline Roger M.

• Crotch Rocket
    • www.ratcycles.com
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 04:58:10 pm »
Regretfully, Susan and I are going to have to cancel.  :'( we are hosting a Super Bowl party and it's kinda snowballed into a big thing. We'll catch up with everyone soon. Have fun.

AMA#2993745

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 05:32:58 pm »
Well we'll miss seeing you folks but we understand about the Super Bowl thing- it is a big day for a lot of people. But hey, have fun on Sunday!

Brian

Regretfully, Susan and I are going to have to cancel.  :'( we are hosting a Super Bowl party and it's kinda snowballed into a big thing. We'll catch up with everyone soon. Have fun.

Offline -HARDCORE-

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 7570
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2014, 07:53:22 pm »
Sorry
Laurel and I will not be able to attend.
we are looking forward to seeing everyone at the Tech weekend or sooner.
Of course that depends on the snow melting up here, it's -35C up here with strong winds :(
John
86 CONCOURSE "FLUX"